4a/5a/6a driver options

I am looking to modify my HD-2010. I can use either a 20mm driver or a 17mm driver with a 17-20mm brass ring. I’m planning on adding an extension to the light to be able to run 26650’s x2 to push a XM-L2 at 4a-5a. I’d prefer a single board design. Is this available anywhere? I know I can take a QLite and stack chips and run a single cell, but I wanted to see what other options are out there. I’ve looked at all the usual places and can’t find much.

Are you talking about running those cells in series? If so, you need a buck driver. Try looking at wight’s recent driver boards. If you’re going parallel, and you can wait a month, led4power is hoping to get the next batch of his 5A PWM-less drivers available by the end of January.

Edit: Oops, sorry for the misinformation. Wight’s recent drivers are zener-ready but not buck drivers. I was thinking about this one, I guess. But, it has bugs yet to be worked out. Sorry, I don’t know enough to recommend a good one. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will come along and help you.

They will be in series

I havent used these yet but some others here have.http://www.lightmalls.com/5-2-12v-5000mah-dual-lithium-3-mode-led-circuit-board-for-cree-xm-l-t6-u2-sst-50-mce-ssc-p7-ledsPersonally I'd stay away from 6 amps on the newer XML-2 leds as the chances are they will blow up.

Edit. These are 21mm in diameter. I dont think you will find anything of the shelf smaller.

I looked at those at lightmall and mtnelectronics. It’s a consideration, I just don’t know if it will all fit in the pill.