4D mag

Triple SST-90 with a FET to bypass the switch. It'll need a large chunk of C110 copper to draw out the heat, but, if done right will put out in excess of 5000 lumens. You know you want it!

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday! :party: Have fun with the Mag mod.

The 4D is now a 2D. I was thinking of using this dropin http://www.dealextreme.com/p/cree-xml-t6-5-mode-6700k-900-lumen-smooth-aluminum-drop-in-module-with-textured-reflector-58481 that JohnnyMac turned me on to. I would use that with two 18650s. Alternatively I could find a nice(read cheap) heatsink and probably run the new KD driver with one 18650. XML of course.

Happy birthday!

so we have the same birthday :)

Happy Birthday to you too!

Happy B-Day, Lang!

Happy birthday!!!

Happy birthday, Langcjl and ChibiM. Hundred more to come.

Too late to send you a present.... guess I'll have to jump out of a present and dance...

Happy Birthday to both of you! :party:

Happy Birthday, ChibiM!

Depends, Three Tenergy Ds can pull a lot of amps (15a+) with Nanjg 105 diver would yield a LONG running single XM-L light. Stock switch would work.

I do like this idea with my 4d pulling 18A to 30A. My PT120 pulls voltage down to 4.4V. Three SST90 would be the bomb. Copper is a must as is a FET.

BTW Langcjl and ChibiM (aka DEAL MASTER) happy birthday!

Happy Birthday to you too, Chibi! :) :party: :star:

Some things should not be available on the internet!Tongue OutSurprisedTongue Out

Langcjl,

Happy B-day!

Happy birthday, ChibiM!

I did a 2D Mag mod with that DX module and (2) 18650's (using the PVC sleeves). It's a nice floody light! Mine pulls 1.65A off the two cells. The tint it really cool white but I don't think it's too blue, and definitely not purple. I have a beamshot here with comparisons to other lights.

-Garry

You could just do the drop-in showerhead for a lot of flood, or you could spend a lot of money and go with Malkoff....

My 4D was a great baton. Used her ("Maggie the Mag") for many years until a battery broke and ruined her switch. Her scars are still there. But if it's a 2D now, all the better. Do an SST-90 mod of some sort. Happy B-day.

Thanks for the congratulations!

BOT