[4K Review] My review of the controversial NITECORE TIKI

I bought a Tiki to compare to my Rovyvon Aurora A3x, and for only $10 more, the A3x is WAY better! It’s really not even close!

Unless you have a coupon and can get a Tiki for like $10-13, I would never consider buying one.
I tested the A3x and the Tiki in my homemade lightbox, and on turbo the Tiki scored a 900 and the A3x scored a 2,500. So it’s almost 3x as bright!

Mine came yesterday Foto
it is a little bigger than my jetbeam mini. But alot easier in 1 handed operation :+1:

Does the Rovyvon have instant access to Turbo?

I didn’t realise he would prefer to add commentary but the visual-only review has become the Flashaholics channel “signature”. Upsides are uninterrupted music (thankfully he has a good taste in music), and you have the option of watching without sound. I would recommend Trailtrek for reviews with lots of commentary, if you can understand his accent :stuck_out_tongue: .

Or try Charles Bridgtec, the intro alone is well worth the watch

How long did it take to get yours?

Yes, instant access to turbo by long holding the switch. Double clicking the switch turns it instantly on to the moon mode, and triple clicking the switch turns it instant to strobe. Awesome UI IMO!

Tiki LE PWM is terrible, Rovyvon not so bad.

Thanks. That’s what I was waiting to hear. Some say the PWM is terrible; some say it isn’t noticeable by the naked eye. Since my eyes are old and worn out, I’ll go with the former.

Added note: I really blew that one. I meant, I’ll go with the latter. Geez. (The light has been ordered.)

about a month and 1/2, sins i orderd it at launch for 14 euro.
i’m thinking about buying a second Tiki for my wife and al take all the twisty keychain flashlights out of our edc (of witch i have bought 14 :zipper_mouth_face:)

Yes the PWM is bad, ON CAMERA… :person_facepalming:

in real life it is invisible :partying_face: