[4K Review] NexTool, 2000 lumens and 380m my arse...

Hi there,

I need to ask you a question.

Just recently, I received a brand new Nextool 2000 lumens flashlight but when I put my own 26650 battery (Xtar 5200mAh, 3.6V, I think it’s protected cell), screw back in the tailcap, but it would not turn on.

Here’s the twist, just as I was unscrewing the tailcap to remove the battery, towards the end of the thread, the thing would light up.

I wonder why… Have you tried other brands of protected and unprotected 26650 cells?

What do you think? Or the spring at tail cap is the culprit? I hope to hear more from you soon.

Thanks!

I can’t be sure why, but my guess is that the longer protected 26650 may be preventing the tailcap from touching the body tube (the tailcap portion needs to connect with the body tube to connect power to the flashlight.

Have you checked if the tailcap is fully screwing in properly when using the longer protected 26650, compared to using the included unprotected 26650 battery?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here know what’s the measurements for the rubber O-ring used by this NexTool 2000 lumens flashlight? It seems that NexTool doesn’t sell replacement O-ring for this flashlight, which is very strange as these things can wear out quickly.

Many Thanks!

I measure around 31mm for the screw thread (tailcap portion), so I suppose the o-ring size should be 30mm or 31mm in diameter?

Ok, thanks for the information. I can try 31mm since rubber is stretchable.

Hi guys, i have a few question,

i just bought 26650 trustfire protected battery, it hasn’t arrive yet,

26650 trustfire protected battery is 67MM in length , will it fit in this flashlight ?

Thanks a lot.

It could be because of the price. I recently bought this great torch from Aliexpress for approximately £21. I personally don’t think that for the price it can really be bettered.

Purchased a year ago. $22 with battery. I like it.

Yep. Me too. I have approximately 45 to 50 flashlights.
Sad I know. However, because of my collection it does, I think, mean that I can tell a bargain when I see it.
Just for a throw into a car glove box or stick it on a shelf at home, I think that it’s really a very good torch.

thanx for review and comments!

does anyone know if Nextool really has anything to do with Xiaomi or this is a separate brand?