4Sevens Quark "X" AA² Tactical CREE XM-L LED Flashlight on sale $45.95 EDIT: OUT OF STOCK

4Sevens Quark "X" AA² Tactical CREE XM-L LED Flashlight is $45.95 on sale at Goinggear.com. Regularly $68.99

http://goinggear.com/4sevens-quark-x-aa-tactical-cree-xm-l-led-flashlight.html

That thing has a complicated UI, but it looks like a great AA light

They have the "tactical" and non-tactical versions for the same price. I ordered the non-tactical one. Can't wait for it to arrive

the cool white xml emitter option costs 45.99$.

the NEUTRAL WHITE xml emitter option costs 68.99$

check out the beamshots (tint) in my cool white xml review and think about if it's worth paying for. that's the exact reason why coolwhitexml is so much cheaper than neutralwhitexml.

the coolwhite xml is very greenish :)

I still think that it is dangerous to generalize on tints. Tint is and always will be lottery, unless you handpick each emitter. As far as I recall there is no such thing as sub-tint classification. (purple, blue,pink,yellow influence etc). I have cool white emitter that are more "neutral" (not leaning towards one color) than some dedicated neutral emitter I have.

in general i agree.

with Quarks it's different (cpf reports), and that's why 47's quickly produced the NeutralWhite XML's and tries to sell them at a higher price. or let's say it this way: the coolwhite xml quark is reasonably priced at 45.99$ because of its non-Neutralwhite tint. people who want to have a xml quark with a premium tint (with a minimum of greenishness) must pay for it.

same with Xeno E03. people who want the neutralwhite tint must pay more.

apart from all that, cpf people still complain about the neutralwhitexml quark (and the neutralwhite xml xeno e03 T5): there is still enough greenishness (in the corona) to be detected at white wall hunts.

Hard to imagine it is a better light than either the Caveman (which is a neutral white) or the ST20 (which is a white-white), but I'd love to hear some comparisons if you own both.

i would guess that the Shiningbeam lights are about the same quality as Quarks, and better priced than the Quarks. however, the 45$ offer is a good one. the 4Sevens stuff could be resold easily at a higher price, and the set of accessories is good too (incl. original packaging). plus the 10yrs performance guarantee, additional accessories, and customer service. and becoming part of the cpf community!!!

If Shiningbeam's at 45$ and the Quark is at 45$, no matter how good the production and built quality and machining and tint of the Shiningbeam is, i would buy the Quark for the aforementioned reasons. Being a cpf supporter just feals gud.

Although I've got several legoable Quark (2)AA parts I convinced myself again to skipping a XM-L light in 2AA format. Somehow I feel a XP-G R5 Quark which I already own is about the same in practice (e.g. output, runtime) when using the Quark low voltage heads. (Edit:) Also the possibility of being unlucky and getting a green-tinted one is somewhat smaller in Quark XP-G's I suppose.

runtime with XPG low voltage head is better .. but output with XML low voltage head is higher.

i mean that is the purpose of the XML product lol :)

is it worth it? if you have already the XPG head with a nice tint, then the XML head is not worth it imho.

I know, I know...

I don't own the Caveman but I do like that the 4Sevens has several low modes under 10 lumens. Hopefully I'll get one with a good tint.

EDIT: Looks like it was too good to be true. Got an email from Going Gear saying that it's out of stock. Here's a thought.. how about updating your website to reflect your current in-stock and out of stock items?

EDIT 2: I ordered the new Caveman 290lumen light today after my order got cancelled for the 4Sevens one. It looks to have an 8 lumen low mode which I kinda like.

well it's 45$ over here:

http://www.4sevens-store.com/4Sevens%2BQuark%2BX%2BAA^2%2B?pid=1482

I have the S2 version for the Quark AA Tactical, I'm very dissapointed with the awful conductor whine! Painful to hear, it will only whine on turbo and on strobe. I now only run it on high and low for my two selected modes. If anyones interested I might consider selling (PM). Sorry to hijack, I just wanted to throw that in.

how is the tint of your S2 version (on all levels)?

Its basically greenish in all modes except in turbo it is more neutral/cool white , very nice for outdoors.

Wonder why it's being discounted so much? Have my order in for the caveman now. It lacks the moonlight mode but people around here give it high marks so I said what the heck, let me try it out.

so the greenish tint doesnt hurt for outdoors :)

thanks for letting us know. the S2 is a special production run. brighter and with more throw than the XP-G R5.

good to stick with the caveman. Shiningbeam's production models are highly rated indeed (but hardly any professional reviews by selfbuilt or HKJ exist!), and please share then how you like it, especially built quality and tint which are the critical points in a Quark.

i am wondering too. The XP-G R5 is even a few bucks more expensive on that site! They must have been selling literally hundreds of the X AA2 since Oct 2011 (it's been discounted since then!!, at different discount rates). Maybe it is because of the tint; my guess.

Or maybe they produced too many units of this model and it was an under-performer on the sell shelves. In any case they need to clear stock because of the new products at foursevensDOTcom: new packaging, new logos, new operation manuals, etc.

I would expect further price drops (e.g. X AA2 NeutralWhite) at ~April when the new packaging is available and they really want to sell off all remaining old stock.