4x18650 battery box question

There are many different models on the market, I plan on testing a few more, but at the current time I cannot help you with that one, you must test it yourself.

Connect a meter to the battery while it is sitting in the box, if you have a min/max button select min and then discharge, until the box stops.

If the meter shows any voltage below the minimum of the battery, do not use it without protected batteries.

For 2900/3100/3400 the minimum voltage is 2.5 volt, other batteries can have a minimum voltage up to 3 volt.

Thanks hkj,
Will test it once it arrive.
Hopefully its a good one.
Thanks for all your effort testing batteries and chargers in the market, you helped guys like me.
:slight_smile:

Parallel will always “automatically” balance. You should use batteries that are close (a few .1’s of a V) but they will balance themselves. CC/CV will work just the same as it will look like a pack of the capacity of all the cells added together - for example, 4x2500mah’s in parallel will look and act like 1x10000mah pack.

This only works if you have equal cells, but the Chinese crap a lot of people use are going boom. Also these laptop pulls…?
You can see this with the cheap bicycle battery packs, sometimes they are Realflames.

Also could it happen that if 3 cells are empty the 4th has to handle all the power this is very inefficient. After use the cells with higher voltage charge the ones with lower voltage…and so on. There are a lot of effects which I don’t want.

But you are right, theoretical they balance themself, this is done in battery packs for ebikes or ecars all the time but only with brand cells of the same build.

And as the most batteries are stronger than we think it will probably nothing happen if you make everything wrong…but perhaps you will burn your house…

There is a flashlight product name!