4xAA Mod Host @ Home Depot <$10

Yeah, that sounds more like it. Like I've said, I don't see a noticeable joint where it would unscrew nor do I see any glue residue around the perimeter of the lens. Guess I could try pushing forward from the backside and see if the lens pops loose.

-Garry

None in our HD. Checked before work. They say they don’t expect anything new coming soon. Lucky you found them.

Nothing at Home Depot or Lowes, in Canada.

Also checked Canadian Tire, Princess Auto, and Lansing/Rona.

No love at the HD in central MA either.

Geez! I'm glad I got a photo showing it on the shelf to prove that it really does exist! Can't believe no one else can find it. It's unusual that Johnstown, PA ever has something not available elsewhere (at least things worth buying)!

-Garry

Did you manage to get the lens out? If this light is press fit in and hard to work with then I’m glad they didn’t have it available at my HD.

I haven't done any more with the light and I probably won't have time any time soon (getting ready to leave on vacation for a week this Friday).

-Garry

Good for you! Where are you headed?

Chincoteague, VA (Ocean & Beach for those unfamiliar). Growing up in central MD I got to the beach fairly often. Now that I'm further away I hardly ever get there!

-Garry

Stopped in Home Depot again to pickup another one of these. There are far less on the shelf, but they are now priced correctly at $7.28ea. They are also carrying a whole bunch more "Defiant" branded lights, some of which don't look too bad (for instance there was a single AA one with a single emitter and I think it was rated 130 lumens for less than $10 I think). I also think I might have discovered an XM-L spotlight for $24.97 - see new thread here.

-Garry

according 2 the hd website, theres a boatload in the area, i guess i’ll have to git me 1!

I just noticed these are on sale for $7.00. Stubby 4 AA with side click. Picked up one. I don’t have the Defiant 3D. I wonder if the body would attach to the head of that.

@ garrybunk

STOP IT!!

Tongue Out

Yes, the light is a good host for a single or even a triple.Sealed

why they can’t have lights like this in europe? :frowning: it’s screaming for a xml2 mod!

And if you figure the mAh rating for 4 ea. AA cells vs. the 150 lumens vs. the 4 hours do the numbers correspond?
I’m sure my local HD carries these.

dangit garry! now i have to go back to home depot and get a third defiant light!

KEEP IT UP

Need to get homedepot in Norway… lol…
Oh well… Probably money saved… :wink:

With the higher Vf of the XM-L2 (when properly heat sinked), wouldn’t 4 Eneloops be just about right around 5 Amps (Using 7135’s)? This host doesn’t look to have enough heat sinking to run very long at max, but then again AA’s would give it long max run time (well, more run time then the host could handle).

Hey, don't blame me! This is an old post that got resurrected! I don't even know if my Home Depot has them now.

-Garry

Yeah, I’m to blame for attempting to resurrect this thread. I saw this light on sale at HD and it seemed like such a cool light to mod. I thought it proper to give props to the person who originally spotted this light. I didn’t intend to bring any heat on Garry. Sorry about that.

The light is now on the clearance rack. So I’m guessing it will no longer be available from HD. I cut open the package and pulled out the light last night. It has disappointingly thin metal and the bezel and head are one piece as far as I can tell. With it’s low mass and lack of heat fins, it may not be a good candidate for high power mods. The lack of a screw on bezel makes it much harder to mod. I really like the form factor though. Got to figure out a way to turn it into something useful.