5.000 and 10.000 lumen DIY Strong Diving-Flashlight (50 and 100 Watt)

I must say to you the same that I said to another friend 2 comments before (why I choose one 100W led)
Its all about cost - these KING KONG batteries cost me 8$ each from CNQualityGoods (free shipping)
I also have one more 50W flashlight (my first attempt) with a 3 cell lipo 4000mah Turnigy battery , the battery cost about 35$ with shipping
The reason that I didn’t like lipo batteries for this project is that they need 2 different kind of wires for charging (balance) also is much easier to fit 3 or more cylinder batteries connected with wires into the main body than one pack battery

I am aware that cost is very important to you but changing those generic chinese “100W” led arrays with something more decent (Bridgelux, Cree, Lustrous…) would give you much more improvement regarding lumen output.

Yes I believe they do , but already I decide that 50W is more than enough for almost any kind of underwater light (diving or just fun -like me)
The 100W one I just make it for fun and impress my friends , if you don’t want something very strong for specific reason the 50W one with this amount of light is perfect
If I had to choose something better I believe that cree-t6 (100W emitter) even working with 50W driver will be better
I already made a 50W flashlight for a friend of mine (photographer) that dives to 30 meters and he is very happy with it , until now he had to pay about 100 to 200$ for a decent diving flashlight around 1500 lumen

I remember doing a comparison of a 100W panel (running at 100W on a bench PSU) to a 3x XML light (with the XMLs running at 3A) and feeling like they were roughly on par in terms of output.

The math on that doesn’t quite make sense now that I think of it (100W vs ~30W), but that’s what I remember.

Can you post the link of the 50w driver?
Have you thought using a 12v battery pack (lion/lipo)?

Which one ?
The green one (photo) is more reliable and gives 36V~1.5A (54W) but with one mode and bigger
http://www.ebay.com/itm/50W-Constant-Current-LED-Driver-DC12V-to-DC30-36V-1600mA-for-50W-High-Power-LED-/321153528036?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac63df0e4

The small one with 3 modes suppose to give 30V~2.8A but it gives 30V~1.5A so 45W is from lightmalls and I am not happy with them because they didn’t reply to my complains about the wrong numbers they give - they didn’t even upload my review on their site and it was the first time that happens to me
http://www.lightmalls.com/9-led-series-3-mode-for-three-lithium-battery-led-driver-with-low-voltage-protection

Both fits perfect into the enclosure with batteries and all , if you don’t mind the modes I choose the first one - more watts more light

For batteries read above comments you will understand why I choose these

For underwater videos I will use my 808#16 (720p) camera with waterproof case that I made with 1.5 euro
I believe that now is the smallest and lighter action camera out there
In my youtube account you can see all my 6 DIY video , you might find them interesting

I love your ingenuity! :bigsmile: Thanks for posting.