$50 to spend - Should I get a Triple or a Single?

I debated this as well. I ended up going with the single. I love it, no regrets. Now I just need another $50 for the triple and so will you. If you use the add $50 for the TK41 you could just get the budget single and triple,right?

I'm trying to find a way to spin this:

• TR-3T6 Triple - $55
  • Uniquefire V2 - $45 - looks like a good option
  • Uniquefire X8 - $37 - a decent light, smaller reflector though
  • Small Sun ZY-T620 - $38.80 worst case, may need a driver swap? (looks decent but no GITD O-RingCry)

I have the $50 card. I'll have about $20 in MF points once they are confirmed. I know the triple is very high on the list just because it would be a LumenBlasterTM. If I buy the triple and the Small Sun, I would be spending $23.80 OOP, and could rationalize it as getting 2 excellent flashlights for less than $12 each! I'm getting to the point where I think what I want to do is get the TR-3T6 now, then use the points I have, plus the points for the 3T6 purchase toward one of the big-lensed throwers. I just know that as soon as I drop the money for the 3T6, a Uniquefire budget version of the J12 or the T70 will release.

Money MouthCry

A big reflector XML light will ROCK your world!

SKY RAY - 4000 Lumen 3*T6 818 LED 5 Modes Memory Flashlight (2*18650)

$54.77

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/sky-ray-4000-lumen-3t6-818-led-modes-memory-flashlight-218650-p-7766

If you know any thing about the sky rays (fry rays) they are best to avoid

Oh noes!! I found this thread too late. I am in the same boat as the OP, and went with a single XML throw design and I am using the XML-P60 drop in format for close range flood. It appears that most here favor the multi-emitter array designs. I hope I made the right choice!!

How is the 3T6 in terms of throw? Surely the Fandyfire or Skyray will easily beat it right?

I have the STL-V2, TR-1200 and TR-3T6.
Honestly since I got my king my TR-3T6 has not seen the light of day. It stays empty.
And ever since I got my STL-V2 I’ve decommissioned my TR-1200.

So flood = skyray king (absolute must have, not even joking)
throw = STL-V2 (not necessary, but very good for long distances)

But as trooplewis said, buy a Fenix TK41. Honestly I would love one, but maybe next month :slight_smile:

Yes, the STL-V2 will most definitely beat it in terms of throw. I can take some indoor beamshots of the 3T6 later tonight if you wish.
I have a thread here which compares the STL-V2 to the Crelant 7G5V2 and skyray king.
I also have a thread here comparing the STL-V2 to the TR-1200.

bottomline (throw): 7G5v2 > tr-1200 > 3t6
flood: 3t6 > 7G5v2 = tr-1200.

Get a Skyray King !

I think we’re 6 months too late!

Okay get a Black Skyray Kin :slight_smile: g …

I know it’s two late, but I read the whole thread and I’d suggest the hD2010 for a thrower :wink:
SBFflashlights has a triple XML coming out, 1500 lumens for better runtimes and it won’t melt like the triple XML version of the 2010 (due too it’s dropin style lack of heat syncing )

Is 1500 lumens the maximum? Because if you want longer runtimes, why not get a more powerful triple xml, but put it on a lower mode? Because that way you still have the potential to go brighter, while still going lower for a lower output and longer runtimes if you desire.

btw, what I’m trying to get at is that 1500 lumens is poor for a triple xml. Go for a king (2300lumens CW). It holds 4 batteries, most of the others have 3 (longer runtimes with the king)

+1

A flashaholic without a King doesn’t know what he is missing out on !!!