500 posts now, time to give something away (winner announced)

I'm iN!

Oh hope I'm not too late!

Not too late, I’ll be updating the list again tomorrow and closing it around 10pm central time Sunday.

i’m in at the last minute! :stuck_out_tongue:

Not quite, I just realized my post above yours should have said closing at 10pm on Sunday. You had more than a day to spare. :slight_smile:

I’m In!

For the lens requirement: “flat fresnel lens for stage light with size 130mm and focus 50mm” from victor_jiake on DHGate. http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/search.do?act=search&sus=&searchkey=flat+fresnel+lens+for+stage+light+with+size+130mm+and+focus+50mm&catalog=#Homesearch201403 This has increased in price since I bought mine, but it works very well. Perhaps you had a single element lens in mind, but this more than fills the requirement and has advantages of compact size and light weight. Here is my testing thread Fresnel lens tests
I’m in for posting anyway.

Count me in, thanks

Im’m in.
Hopefully squeeking in at the last minute.

I’m in

I’m in!

I’m in.

Final countdown. 4 and a half hours left to get your name in before I close and finalize the list. Random drawing will be tonight or tomorrow morning and the winner will be announced tomorrow by noon.

The list is now closed and the random number generator is going to do its thing. Winner will be announced soon.

Come on random number generator. Don’t let me down :bigsmile:

I’ve yet to win anything ever (ever).

Will today be the day?

Congrats 202bigmike!

Congrats 202bigmike!

As for the winner of the “Surprise” :party:

I can’t decide which of the top three lens suggestions l like best, so three of you will be getting a surprise.

one41
Jubeldum
Fritz t. Cat

I’ll contact the three of you to get your shipping information.

Edit: I just realized that nofearek9 posted the links to the same lenses as Jubeldum, before he did. I’m not sure what shipping is going to cost to Cyprus, but I’ll contact nofearek9 as well and offer him a surprise.

Thanks for the great suggestions guys, I got a nice selection of inexpensive aspheric, reasonable cost aspheric, and a fresnel lens to try. I’m going to be designing a high output throwing light that I hope will turn into something I can produce for sale. I’ve got a machine shop lined up to do the machining once I get the design finalized in 3D. The next step is to suck it up and talk to Wavien and find out if they are going to come after me if I make my collars, or are willing to give me reasonable pricing on an order of their product.

The rough plan for the light is either a 2S3P or 2S4P 18650 setup pushing 5+ amps to an XP-G2. Forward momentary switch with a tailcap switch for lockout. 6061T6 aluminum body and head anodized a dark grey, olive, or black probably; and a coppper pill. It’s either going to be a slide zoom with a mechanism to lock the position, or a twist zoom with 2 turns to go from zoom to flood. One challenge is going to be ensuring that it is water tight, as I may also aim to market it to the police/military, etc. With the amount of head movement it’s going to have it’s going to mean isolating the rear switch from the battery compartment so that it doesn’t pull a vacuum on the boot and prevent the switch from operating. Fun stuff.

Congrats 202bigmike,one41,Jubeldum and Fritz t. Cat! :party:
Thank you for the giveaway KKW!

Buddy Holly would have said:

Well, that’ll be the day, hoo-hoo
That’ll be the day, hoo-hoo
That’ll be the day, hoo-hoo
That’ll be the day

Congratulations to 202bigmike
Thanks KKW