502B and 501B hosts with Warm XTE emitters at Kaidomain

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S020617

and

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S020618

Has anybody tried warm XTE emitters? My cool white XTE P60 dropin from Kaidomain is a bit purplish in the middle and yellow at the outer ring. I wonder how balanced colors these warm emitters will give.

My 501B with Cree XTE Warm emitter came in today. It is a 5 Mode light with 1Amp, 0.43 Amp and 0.043 Amp modes plus strobe and SOS. http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S020617

The XTE in this light is warm as title says, and a warm XTE seems to have a much better tint than a cool white XTE emitter. My cool XTE had a purple center and a yellow outer ring but this warm emitter has a more incan type look all over the beam.

Kaidomain’s P60 drop in has some centering ring around the emitter and this makes it very well centered. The light is really throwier than an XPG, almost like a well focused XPE even if it is in an OP reflector.

I took some beamshots 501B XTE Warm vs Eagletac D25LC2 XP-G S2 and I can say they are on par or XTE a bit better in throwiness. Although nothing like a dedicated thrower ET D25LC2 is known to be a good thrower for its size and it was the only light I could say a thrower I were carrying today.

And another shot, but tweaked the image settings a bit to increase contrast.

Is the driver AMC7135 based like KD's XTE CW drop-ins?

There are no stars on the spring side and the PCB is black. A try with a TF flame 18650 showed a good 1A current so It may be a regular 3xAMC but I haven’t pull it out.

Black PCB... I wonder which driver it is.

How does the tint compare to the LF HCRI and Nichia 219A-H1 from your photo here?

Took a few ceiling shots with the lights you asked but I have to wait for my wife to come home to upload them here.

But as a summary, Nichia Warm has the smoothest beam, of course this may be due to slightly different reflector (Xpg size OP) from CNQ. It is also the warmest and dimmest of three. At 1A XTE definitely seems brighter.

LF Hi-CRI impressed me again. It is as bright as XTE, has a definite hotspot (uses XPE sized OP like Kaidomain’s) and a very nice tint indeed. Still XTE’s brighter center could give it more throw.

XTE’s beam is still a bit unbalanced between these three lights. The center has a cooler beam while outer ring goes a bit brown. Still, for an OP reflector (seems like an XRE type) it throws quite better then the other two.

501b body I got from KaiDomain is really mint and there are no dust of smudges at all. The paint is shiny but looking nice. The threads are isolated. I think this is a very good buy for ~$11. I may order one with a 3-18V 1 mode dropin too.

Coming up next, the tint shots…

Top : XTE
Left: Nichia
Right: LF HighCRI
Bottom : Keygos M10

Left : Nichia
Right : XTE

Left : Cree HCRI
Right : XTE

I adjusted the lower two protos to show beamshots better. I hope screens can justice the real tint difference between the lights.

I like that tints, I had tried to order one of those warm white xte’s from LCK-LED but never received them even though they said they sent them out twice…………. |(

Thanks for the comparison and photos

+1