5xT6... come on, you know you want to

If you read Manafont and forums threads here, people are already having issues with 2.5A discharge rate (and ramping up to low 3 amps). With this one it would go up to 7A. Slot in a TF/UF unprotected battery and it would surely go BAM.

What about a good dose of AS5 & run 3 AW 18650 IMR's?

You could throttle it back when it gets too hot...

On the other hand, I don't know if SkyRay's paid attention to the many concerns posted about their quality.

Too dangerous. Can't rely on regular humans for even 80% reliability. LOL!

Actually, AW 18650 IMRs are also feeling the heat at 6A, believe it or not. And would really be very short burn time. Really makes no sense.

Seems it have an adapter-ring. May(be) it can be fitted with bigger diameter battery tube D size perhaps? Fenix TK70 have 4, so this should could manage with 4 or 5 Ni-MH ? If one need to go bigger and safe current..

SPAMBOT thanks for taking one for the team. Will be patiently waiting for your first impressions and amp readings.

+1. My fingers are crossed for you spambot. I hope this turns out to be a descent light.

Thanks spambot for your early adopting courage, looking forward to seeing how good this light is.

I have it in my possession now, and apart from a dented bezel it is quite a nice light

I think this will be much better and its has a claimed max current draw of 7.5 amps not 1.5 amps like the skyray, it does not have to fry ray name, looks much better, but it is $2.80 usd more, But you can run either 18650,s or 26650,s.

So i just brought one.

TrustFire TR-J12 Cree XM-L T6 5-LED 4500-Lumen 5-Mode Memory Flashlight - Black Aluminum Alloy Finish (3 x 26650/3 x 18650)

As soon as it get,s here ill do a review and some long run time test, range test, current draw and i might even have to pull out the new lux meter.