60A batteries?!!?

I believe HKJ has tested several of those type batteries and has discharge curve graphs

Like this, the purple 35A Efest (3 sizes 18350, 18500, 18650)

Quite decent discharge curve graph

i will most certainly second the fact that LiPo amp ratings are tremendously over stated. my best packs are 70C continuous rated. they’re pretty stout packs even for their rating. though, i’d never put them through more than a 35C peak and expect them to survive and be healthy.

difference between these packs and maxcramps is when you peel the label off, the cell says 70C/140C. i think maxamps’ 150C packs are actually like 60C manufacturer rated cells IIRC.

i’d love to see some discharge curves on these new cells. they’re getting a little exposure here and there. mostly folks asking about them. with the specs, it would be nice to know if they perform the part.

The C rating on Lipo’s can only really be taken as the ‘peak draw’ as in for a limited number of seconds and at a given temperature. Works well if you run cars, a little different if you run boats or aircraft since they are harder on all the electics. Since my pc died the other year I don’t have the data on file anymore but I have logged peak currents of up to 180 amps from some lipo’s. I even logged 170 amps for 6s2p A123 packs that were reclaimed cells from disfunctional dewalt packs.

I am a little interested to see the tested capacity of the above 26650 vs the sony 50a 26650. It’s like an extra 1/3 more capacity on spec.

40A is continuous discharge current ?

Send batteries for testing to user HKJ, till then, good luck.