6th Annual BLF / Old Lumens Scratch Made Light Contest - FmC's Hand Made entry. Jack's Survival Sack!

Okay, step down from panel to 5 Volts.
And after that? A charging circuit?
That will eat up some power too though…
But it will work.
But i think you only need charging termination.
The current at 10 Watts to 4.2 Volts is only 2+ Amperes.
So there’s no real need to regulate the charging current.
As long as it stops at 4.2 Volts.

You should be familliar with the charge module :slight_smile:

Jacks playin with ya. Thats why there isn’t enough current.

After a bit of too-ing & fro-ing with the seller, I have a refund for the faulty solar panel, & another one in the mail.

Luckily, I didn’t send them any photos with Jack in, otherwise it may have been a different story…. :person_facepalming:

Fortunately, I’ll only have to re-cut the two notches in the new frame where the external USB ports are, but I won’t see the panel until after the weekend.

A little more work toady, at the end of post #3.

Nice. How will the fabric be collapsed down to pack it? I mean, I know it’s fabric, and it would be easy to just “scrunch” together, but I’m wondering if you have a more elegant solution. :innocent:

I was concerned about that, but it actually folds together nicely. There will be more pictures in the next update.

Back on track with the solar panel, post #4.

Not sure if I should continue in this direction with the build, as it has become bulkier than I wanted.

Change of plan? Now that would be a first. :slight_smile:

Latest build update in post#5, Plus some bad news for Jack…

You’re crazy man :smiley:

Great story!
Poor Jack though …

Certainly is. Especially cutting drivers in half.
Is Jack going to star in an up coming reality Hospital show?

This is for Jack :smiley:

Hope he gets better soon! Hang on there FmC, it will be hard, but you are in the right path :wink:

Jack is getting the sack…… literally. :smiley:

More updates at the end of post#5.

:+1:

It lights up!!! :+1:

So… No more solar charging either? The solar panel was the lid to the “shack” right? Did Jack ruin that too, or were you able to salvage it? :person_facepalming:

Do you have an issue with European wasps. Maybe this lantern could be multi purpose? :stuck_out_tongue: