6x 18650 12x T6 5A KD (Update Aliexpress/rhd Banggood)

Balance charging is really useful in the case of a sealed multi-cell pack where you can't break out the individual cells without destroying it. It's pretty useless if you can separate the cells and charge/check them like normal. If the cells are well matched there won't be anything to balance anyway. Remove cells, check voltages, if they're all close enough (within .05v or so) just throw them in a parallel holder and charge 'em all in parallel.

Here you go:

+10, it’s one of the reasons for not bothering any more. Just way too expensive to touch these multiple lights or MT-G2 lights and the drivers just aren’t there either.

Does anyone recognize the driver?

This cell setup has more juice to give, so it would be a nice driver to mod and up the current.

UPDATE:

The driver / led setup is much different than I suspected. I’ve just taken a look inside, and basically there are two outputs from the driver (I continue to believe that the driver actually contains two discrete circuits on one PCB).

The LEDs are wired in sets, each containing 3 parallel LEDs. There are 4 sets in total. Each driver output powers 2 of those sets, in series. I’m not clear on whether this should be described as 2s3p or 3p2s.

It might be (at least a bit closer to) 13800 lumens, with this :wink:

Custom 18A (via 2x 9A channels) buck driver, specifically for this light

Where to buy, my friend?

Oh, it’s not a commercial driver. Just one I put together for my own light.

waiting for your data…

mine takes 13,8+ A (my DMM is rated 10A and beeps :D)
after that i saw: only 4 Volts on my cells

converted into e-switch and “real” DD ; head and LEDs untouched (now ;))

Me?

What data do you want?

you get 18A measured?

which changes are else done (spring bypass, led wiring ?)

No…. I made an 18A constant current driver. I threw away the junk driver it shipped with, didn’t even bother trying to do anything with that.

Swapped in my own wire, yep.

nice - did you make pictures from your work inside the head?

Check OP for Update

Also found it on BangGood:

hows the heat thermal path with this light?

i managed to get a Code for that light:

code: M4D12X price: $ 76

IF one wants a aff link -> PM

Does anyone make 1-mode drivers for this flashlight? I’m interested in getting rid of all the other modes and just keep high mode, but wouldn’t know where to even start.

I build a 3 + 1 Mode…

low - mid - high via driver
and DD with a FET only

:wink:

you’re a wizard! how did you do it? i really love this flashlight and i want to use it to spotlight when hunting, but don’t want to be fumbling around with modes specially in such a critical moment.