6X XR-E light any good?

I know the XR-E is the best for throw, would 6 x XR-E light throw well even though it doesn't have a very deep reflector.

Wondering if it would outthrow my MPP-1. Doubt it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6x-CREE-XR-E-Q5-LED-1600-Lumens-Flashlight-Torch-EK7-/330605613336?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item4cf9a15118

MPP-1 beamshot

i highly doubt it can

i shopped around on these awhile back, i think it can be found a little cheaper than where you linked...

Thanks. Yeah that was just for a reference, I have seen them ending at auction on ebay for under $30 shipped.

I have the 5X XR-E TR-1200 and it throws very well, but it is still out-thrown by my 1x XR-E R2 aspheric-modded Maglite. If it's properly driven (which it won't necessarily be) it should, in theory, be an okay thrower. I would highly recommend a XM-L C8 or (based on reviews only, not personal experience) Fandyfire V6/STL V2 if a thrower is what you want.

really?! I was trying to find one very cheap for xml mod. At that price it is nearly worthwhile...

the question is, will they continue to lose popularity to higher power emitters and get cheaper, or sell out (assuming they're not still making them).

I've got the MPP-1, I really don't know if there is an XML thrower that would be any better? I have been looking at the C8 though just so I can play with an XML thrower.

I was looking at this which I am sure won't be nearly as good of a thrower as the MPP-1. I think this is a clone of the C8.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/tb-d7-cree-xm-l-t6-8000k-900lm-5-mode-white-led-flashlight-1-x-18650-110262

I have a KD-C8 XM-L and a Palight C8 R5 also. The KD-C8 has an LOP reflector and I haven't yet tried an SMO reflector in it (I have one). My Palight R5 throws much much better than the KD-C8 from what I can tell. I have yet to find a better place to test throw. The other day I found a spot to shoot across a creek and field to a treeline at 520' (verified distance within 20'). The Palight was brightly lighting up the trees within the hotspot. The KD C8 dimly lit up the entire area. Both beat out my car's 55w headlights on high beam. Keep in mind that the R5 is also only pulling half the current of the KD C8 XM-L!

My R5 came with a bad driver which I replaced with the 1.4A 3-mode Nangj from Illumination Supply. My KD-C8 shows +/-3A at the tailcap.

Here's a link where I posted some beamshots which include the KD-C8. I didn't have the Palight at the time, but do plan on updating that post with it and also with an XM-L upgraded Maglite. Also planning an XP-G R5 upgraded Mag as well.

I have a situation for which I am looking for maximum throw (without being a pencil beam), with maximum runtime, in a fairly small form factor. I'm really liking the XP-G R5!

-Garry

My Romisen RC-T6 is a six LED light (XR-E Q something, 3 or 5 I think) and isn't really a thrower at all, it puts out a lot of light though. Most of my beamshot compilations have it somewhere.

40 metre beamshots - Lots of large pictures is a place to start.

Thats funny I was just looking through your beamshots thread about 5 minutes ago. I guess for now I will just stick with my MPP-1. Nobody has convinced me that there is a better thrower out there for under $75. I have an aspheric lens for my Nailbender XML 3.1a/ L2P. Haven't played with that for a while, I will have to dig it out.

An XRE would definitely throw better than an XML and even C8 is a good example of an XRE thrower. MPP1 should win hands down in this department but I think it is purely for show purposes and a big head XML would be better for far illumination. I have a 5xR2 tr1200 type and a FandyFire STL XML thrower. They both seem to give similar light output but FF definitely shoots farther. It looks like it has the same reflector as Fenix Tk41 ( I also have that) and it is rated for something like 560-580m range.
I know even my Magled 3d can throw 400m but an XML really puts out some light.

Not sure which 6 Cree's the UltraFire WF-1300 use, but from the following website, it appears to throw out a very bright wall of light pretty far. Not necessarily a thrower, but looks to light up a large area pretty far away (judging from the Dam photos)

http://fonarevka.lux-rc.com