7135 driver chips

Yep, I guess I oughta try that myself! I have such a hard time even stacking one on top of another!

My plan is to stack them like that before I even reflow the first one

is that 12 7135’s total? and is this the fet / 7135 driver that is used on the blf a6? or is it just one you have done for something else?

In light of our conversation who here of you many modders would want take my m1 convoy and put this kind of driver in it? I am looking to see if anybody would and what the cost of parts and labor
might be? so that would be enough 7135’s to reach 40 to 60% somewhere in there and the fet running 100 % with some type of timer not sure what is best at that output. so the modes would be moonlight(1/2 lumen or so) 5 % ,25% , 50% ( could be 40% could be 60) and then 100 90sec then drop to the med 50%. would the guppy drv work with this or would it have to be modified? thanks

Probably cheapest just to get one customized by RMM as shipping would be $5.50 or so each way. A few others probably have drivers in hand and coud flash them as well if you had your existing light modded.

I’ll make a driver thread when I get ’em ready. I’ve just tested the first version with the off time cap, voltage divider and E-switch on the same pin, and it works fine using the pin for all three functions. I did however bump into an issue with the reset pin getting voltage from somewhere, turning on the FET constantly no matter what state the pin is in, but I can’t find any shorts with a DMM. I know someone posted info about capacitance when using ground layers, so it might be an issue with that but I’m not really sure. Anyhow, the new design is with more isolation between traces and polygons which should fix capacitance issue if there is one.

I’ve also taken into consideration that someone might want to PWM the FET, so what I’ve done is that I’ve detached the FET from the PB5 pin and given it a solder pad where I can choose to connect it to either PB5 (original design) or PB3 (PWM capable pin). The string of 4 x AMC7135s is also detached, so I can connect PB3 to it, or connect it with the PB2 string which then can be connected with PB1, basically making it a 3 channel driver (1x 7135, 7x7135 and FET) all on PWM capable pins. So PB3 and PB5 from the MCU, and the string of 4 x 7135s and FET, are all not connected to anything and have to be connected to pin of choice by solder pads. To make room for the solder pads I ditched two 7135s so total is 8, but that’s all I want anyway as I want to use my smooth adjustable output method. The added options of choosing which pin to put the FET and 4 x 7135 string on will make the board usable for more people, and also easier to develop as I don’t have to mess with the reset pin. The downside to this is that if you solder pins together (other than PB3 or PB4), then flashing won’t be possible as these pins will be shorted. I’ve looked long and hard for small DIP switches but there does not seem to be switches small enough to fit. They need to be pretty darn small, like max 3mm length and 1mm width per switch if I am to be able to fit them. Anyone know of any, I’m all eyes and ears!

Anyhow, the new design is on the way, but I can still use the current board to continue to port my 84 firmware to this platform… but there is a lot going on at work and traveling so progress is very slow… When I have something to show I’ll make a dedicated thread for it. In the meantime I won’t be very active here for a while.

Looks like your driver will be VERY useful to a lot of people! The amount of flexibility you’re incorporating into the board design is outstanding! I’m looking forward to seeing your driver thread when you’re done!