7135s....any rhyme or reason?

If I add a few7135s onto a qlite board, is there any rhyme or reason to where they should go? I cant see where it would matter, but who can see SMD components anyway… :bigsmile:

I’ve leaned from past experience that it’s best to ask when you don’t understand what you are doing:

{click} {bzzzt} TURN IT OFF!!!

Put them wherever it is easiest for you. They are all in parallel. There is slightly lower resistance stacking them on the MCU side, which also provides for more battery clearance, but it isn't a huge difference.

Thanks!

I’d say that if at all possible put them on the emitter/MCU side. The springs on the NANJG drivers are pretty short, and if you stack 7135s on the battery side, you may have problem with clearance. Plus, if you put them on the battery side, you probably won’t be able to use a retaining ring, even if the light uses one.

It’s going in bigger light and it will be potted. It doesn’t have a retaining ring. So no problems with clearance :slight_smile:

You can also use a slave board if you have the room and are adding several chips. . It’s easier than stacking.
Master Slave Mod