90 CRI XM-L2 mods

This a video with first a CW XP G2 in a VPT then one of the 90CRI XM L2 in a Legion II.

lawallac,

Thanks for sharing this. I haven't even heard of those legion II lights spoken of in a couple years. Great lights ( the ones that worked). Love the deep smooth reflector in them. The twist collar on em was cool too.

I havent done a lot with hi CRI LEDs, it may be time for me to do a couple. If you dont mind my asking where did you pick those up at?

I’m not sure, I had Vinh do my lights. But I think they come from mouser.
Yeah the Legion IIs were some of the coolest lights with all the features. They never were released with xml, just mce and sst50. But, the xml is about the most perfect beam combination of flood and throw with no noticeable transition.

Mouser was where I ordered some.

Thank you for the video lawallac. That did a few things for me. First, it is nice to is the color rendered by those new emitters you are using in video. Second, I now see why some folks like the throw of the xpg2’s.

Hey no problem. The xpg2 is an awesome thrower. But it is in a 73mm reflector so that’s going to make a difference. It’s about 125k lux here with the dome still intact. I’ll have to check into what they have available in HiCRi as well.
It’s kinda like colors pop more and even with less lumens they still seem brighter. Now if the could just keep the same CRI and increase the CCT that would be awesome. I think I’m going to start replacing some of my cooler LEDs with these.