92cri and 2500+ lumens in an S2+, with only a little cheating involved

Wauw, just awasome!

Overall very impressive. Tail cap light so cool. Beam shots please. :slight_smile:

The dog has definitely gotten out of the cage. LOL. Very nice!

I have a few lights with them, and they’re a nice compromise for single-emitter, but I like this set-up better than the triple and quad 219c lights I’ve had.

Good tip. I was literally wandering around the house looking for clear flexible things, and I settled on a ziploc bag. I need to go find some clear-ish latex gloves, all i have is blue nitrile.

Do you have any beam shots? Also, do you have the Nichia engaged when on turbo along with the xpls? Very cool light!

Absolutely outstanding work Pilotdog! Your ingenuity, vision, and quality of work is inspiring. Now off to look into this triple channel business…

Once again fantastic work!

Yes, this is a great solution to the problem of lumens vs. CRI. I wish some manufacturer would produce a light like this.

nice light, what reflector used?
and please beamshots >-)

It is a Carclo 10511 optic.

There isn’t really much to take a beamshot of, it looks like just about any other light

I could, but I don’t currently have it programmed that way. I wanted full amperage going to the XP-L’s in Turbo because they give a higher lumen/watt ratio.

oh my goodness that’s a fine looking light

I think you should get more light OTF with the Nichia engaged along with the XP-L’s, because of efficiencies. Maybe I’m wrong. I’ve never built a triple before myself.

You could be right. I’m not really sure how it would behave with both regulation and FET going at the same time.

In my head this is what I’m thinking (using djozz graphs): If my battery is supplying 8 amps, 4 amps to each XP-L, that gives me ~1400 each or 2800 total lumens. If I split 3 amps to each XP-L and 2 amps to the Nichia, that gives me 500 for the Nichia, and ~1125 for each XP-L or 2750 total lumens. So if it behaves the way I think it would, it should be very very close in output.

I’m already planning to do an almost complete overhaul of this light, so I’ll play with some things at that point. I don’t have a way to measure lumens though, so IDK how much good it would do.

I’m thinking it will give more overall current as well, bumping the total output to a much higher level, and increasing the CRI at the same time.

Hmm I suppose battery sag would be the same but Vf on the XP-L’s would be a little lower, so you’re probably right.

I’ll have to try it and see how I like the beam profile. I’m not sure how noticeable the tint differences would be or if maybe the frost on the optic would blend them.

My mind is blown.

What a nice build.

Is it possible to buy only the tailcap (assuming it screws onto all the other S-line convoy lights)?

Holy shit, this is the coolest thing!

This is the perfect pocket rocket.

What a super smart design - high CRI and/or retina blaster.

Hope it's not patented 'cos I'm definitely going to copy

I’ m very jealous! I love it! :heart_eyes:

+1