A build to Learn on

Ok, so I have a couple of questions.

Regular rosin core solder for electronics is fine for soldering the leads to the MCPCB correct?

Next, do I need thermal paste under the Star?

Lastly what size screws do I need to hold the star down with? If I decide to do spring bypass do I need to get silicone wrapped wire or will normal stranded 12 gauge work? *

I am going to be doing this tomorrow with my 2 boys helping. The both show a lot of aptitude for this kind of stuff. I am hoping to inspire them with this.

_+THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL THE HELP!+_*

Rick

Ok, I got the thing all built. I answered a few of my own questions. I will order some thermal paste because of course I do need it. The size screws I needed were the ones hiding in my package. I didn’t see them. I am actually surprised I hadn’t lost them as much as I have went through the box. I definitely have to get a new soldering iron. The one I have had for quite some time seems to heat the tip only on the side away from the point. It’s a really cheap Radio Shack one and has always done that. It wasn’t a problem until I was trying to solder very small wires in the head of a flashlight. the whole thing works but I don’t think I am getting a good connection because I can’t get it into config mode. It’s bistro so I have clicked it 15 times a bunch. It just won’t go into config. Once I get a better soldering iron I will reset it all and see how it does.