A Fake Sanrenmu Knife in Chinese Market GB-908

for now I still around 15 pcs MC-962 in stock. and I will see if I can get other models of 9 series from other wholes seller in China. and will keep you guys updated.

david

Thats good news. Can you do any better than $25 shipped?

The chinese citizen only wish they had the same level of inflation as we do, which makes the typical "undervalued yuan" complaints in the US media pretty incoherent and amusing. OTOH, it's a counterbalance against their cultural habit of saving too much. Costs in general will not rise unless the production inputs become scarce and there's no shortage of labor in china, not when significant amount of the country is still barely above the subsistence line.

I'm not sure how much the Chinese like having their food prices rise rapidly, as is currently the case with inflation. So far, the standard strategy for all fiat currencies has been to participate in one big race to the bottom by devaluation. China has tried to keep up uniformly with our rate of inflation for obvious reasons, but cannot afford to maintain this policy if enough of their citizens find that they can't afford enough food to eat. At some point, the devaluation game needs to change. But as long as manufacturers are willing to supply valuable goods in exchange for worthless toilet paper, I'm not complaining.

Hmmm....

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/447497513-Three-blade-wood-LAM-Knife-GB9-902-Full-20-5cm-Thickness-2-5mm-wholesalers.html

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/SANRENMU-Liner-Lock-G10-Handle-Folding-Knife-GB-902-/170621954924?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b9dc6b6c

I would be surprised if it is a fake because the Ebay seller has been around some time selling genuine kit. The strange this is that it looks identical to the knife here which is labelled as a 910.

http://sanrenmu.com/en/

It is not the Ebay seller which is in question... but comparing the pics leaves a big questionmark with my latest Ali-Express purchase....

No "Land"-logo, double-sided thumbstud vs. one-sided, lanyard hole... it adds up.... but I still like the "902" I bought... but I am not even sure any more that it really is one... it could be quality wise... but since the 902 is very hard to get... never thought about it before because the box was so dead on...

Weird. I can confirm that the seller appears to be legit - at least in my experience. I'd have to look it up but I think I've ordered from the guy about a dozen times or so, both on eBay and outside of eBay and whenever I had a problem (I vaguely recall a Paypal problem of some sort; never had to do a RMA though), they fixed it. There are cheaper ways to get knives, even with combined shipping, but all in all, I'd give the guy two thumbs up.

902 ... link at the bottom

http://www.sanrenmu.com/en/foldingknives/product/19.php

http://sanrenmu.com/en/foldingknives/product/77.php

I hadn't noticed the differences. On my screen I can see the land logo on both knives.

That leaves you with lanyard hole and thumb stud. I thnk the probability is that they are the same knife. The only fakes to come to light so far (the GB-908) have been completely different.

The most knowledgable person around here seems to be ashuang0731 maybe he can shed some light?

Like I said... I am not sure... my 902 has no "LAND" on the blade... maybe they were just sloppy when production ran out? I got a little paranoid, with all the fake-SRM talk... BTW the pivot screws are also different...

I would be very interested to find out if it is genuine or not.

The image on the Sanrenmu website may have been from an OEM production run for another manufacturer.

China's inflation "problem" is tied to their growth targets. Our rate of inflation is essentially zero with if anything heavy risk of deflationary spiral. All modern economies are predicated on growth, and they're not sustainable under deflation since there's no incentive to invest when your money's automatically going to be worth more tomorrow.

What people tend not to remember (since most weren't alive at the time) is that recessions used to be quite normal, with negative quarters occurring with greater frequency than positive ones. It's only when one lives in times of leisure that we get the luxury of looking at the past with rose colored glasses.

Hmm... I should probably get that EL-01 instead. :)

You would looooove the EL01 if you dont already have one.

Im fortunate to already have one and would like to order a second one in black. Its easily worth 3x or 4x its price.

Exduct has them for $15.xx USD shipped...anyway Im not sure if its wasteful to buy a second one, but Im just saying my EL01 has great quality and locks up perfectly, much more so than my wobbly Ganzo 704...

Order one now before fake EL01s flood the market, LOL.

Did you try tightening up the screw a bit at the pivot? Most of the SRM's and the Bee I have are pretty good, but I like to tweak the tension to be perfectly flickable.

there is some real 902 in the market without Land's logo.

david

there is four models of EL01 in the market, EL01A, EL01AB , EL01B, EL01BA, We can also to 15USD/PCS including shipping with registered mail for BLF memebers.

david

The EL03C would be nice for ~$15...

Do you know why there are so many variants of the same knife out there? Is there a story behind the unbranded knives?

Well this thread made an interesting read today... Yesterday I ordered the questionable 902 from AlieXpress, as well as the fake GB9-908!