A good pocket rocket?

4Sevens had their XML mini on sale recently (may still be). Great, pocketable lights if you get one with good tight threads. Not the brightest, but great for the weight/size.

+1 Solid advice from the drop-in king.

If you liked 14500 cells I'd have recommended one of my lights.

I really like that thanks, I might have to change my user name to DIK (Drop In King).

Not for nothing, but is that even possible to do? For instance, could I change mine to "T.H.Cone" so it matches my EDCF user name?

PM sb56637 and he can change it for you or just make a new account and don't enter giveaways with both accounts.

But since you are the creator of those great drop-ins, your user name shall be Drop In Creator King :D

Ya, like anyone has done that before. >)

Ahhh, what happened to the "evil" smiley?

Hail to the king, baby!

LONG LIVE THE KING!

E1320 said " I can post a picture of my Fluke hooked up to one of these pulling 2 plus amps if anyone is interested. "

Ah .

That explains why these dropins wil kill a pair of duracell alkalines in about an hour and 15 minutes .

Thanks, good starting point!

Guys, how does the ssc p70 differ from or compare to xml or xre LEDs and what is a cree q5, is that any good?

What is each one best at?

and...and... What do people mean when they talk about "BIN" .

Thanks!

I have a XENO E03 with a XM-L LED.

But it depends what you call a pocket rocket.

My SolarForce L2 with a MF UF drop in is easily pocketable for me, but would be more pocket friendly with a diffrent bezel or head.

My $0.02 worth: JetBeam PA10 on an IMR 14500. 650 lumens. So far as I know, there are no other "stock" lights w/ a single 14500 or smaller battery that delivers this many lumens... [quote=embombs]

Hi people! I pretty new to the flashlight world and have been searching all over to find a small but bright flashlight!

Any one have any ideas on a few "pocket rockets"

[/quote]

A bin is the efficiency class of an emitter. Take you Cree Q5 for example. This probably refers to a XR-E with the bin Q5, but I have also seen XP-E or XP-G emitters with that bin. It states the efficiency of the emitter (think Lumens per Watt). The manufacturer sorts the emitters in groups for efficiency and also colour (that's some more cryptic numbers and characters).

The higher the number and the character, the higher is the efficiency of the emitter. For example, XR-E's come in P4, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5 and rarely in R2. XP-E is Q5 to R4 mostly, XP-G Q5 to S2 and XM-L from T3 to U2. Rather arbitrarily, I know.

Basically, you only need to know what type of emitter you got, and then you know what kind of power it's capable of (max). From memory, XR-E can do 200 Lumen, XP-E 250 or so, XP-G 350 and XM-L almost 1000 Lumen.

Efficiency never really concerned me much, but a gnarly green or purple tint is just awful. But that's the game called china lottery, you get what you get.

Here is an great and easy DIY pocket rocket. If you read that thread the advice is given to isolate the driver from the pill. I have not had to do that and I have put together three of these so far. The threads on all of the MXDLs I bought are anodized so a ground down pill works as is. Maybe the older ones didn't have anodized threads.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/4994

I learned this last night:

evil smiley = ":evil:" followed by one or two spaces

:evil:

Thanks, raccoon.

Hey E,

Is this the first time you've been called D. I. C. K. ? Should we preface this title with something like "A", "The", "Mr." ? Could a nickname amongst friends be something like Richard or just Rich? 8-)

Just kidding, you don't get straight line like this very often