A light with Nichia 219B sw45 that one can still buy today

Cool. I just ordered one with the SST20 4000k. Kinda want to try the 2700k also…

https://www.ff-light.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=71

Not sure but, I did add a 2mm magnet to the end of a button top cell. It still worked just find but, the head would not screw on all the way. So I guess it may depend on how much longer your protected cells is as to whether the head would screw all the way down.

I have Olight batteries, so no luck.

Thanks!

I almost jumped on this one but I saw that it has visible PWM. Why go to the trouble of high CRI or a pretty tint just to give it headache-inducing flicker?

BTW, thanks for the replies on my Brass AAA. Just getting back to messages now.

Got my Manker E21 with Nichia 219B and I now understand why so many fall for this LED. The beam tint is just beautiful. Will definitely mod 1 or of my S2+ to put in 219B when the shipment from azhu arrives. It really begs to order ROT66 - eager to see this kind of ting when it’s bright & wide.

The light itself has a few misses though:

• The LED and the reflector are not aligned. Results in s a bit off-centre beam profile. Hard to capture on camera though I tried.
  • Keyring whole is not accessible due to the tail ring not being fully pressed in
  • Sometime it stops responding to clicks. I have to screw out/in the head to reset it

Here are some pics on the subject: https://imgur.com/a/nS1aNCd
After living with it for a couple of days I decided I want to keep it and will work with the seller to organize a replacement without the above defects.

Just keep in mind while looking that SW45 and SW45k look pretty different. Still nice, but different. SW45k is definitely more rosy while SW45 looks more neutral to me. It is all relative. Both look great compared to many other emitters.

Here is a short update:

With Manker e21 - liteshop.com.au shipped the replacement copy. It had the led centered properly, but its light was much less rosy. Didn’t look rosy at all really: Manker e21 - difference between two copies - Album on Imgur (yes, they both are Manker e21!); also they checked other units they have in stock and they all got the same problem with the keyhole.

Eventually despite the deficiences I decided to keep my awkward rosy one - I believe it’s quite a unique tint that I got and the actual beam quality is very pleasing. Also this is the only 10440 powered hi-CRI light I found so far and it shines pretty well.

Then ROT66 Nichia 219B SW45k and D4v2 E21A 4500k have arrived. E21A is indeed perfectly white. So perfect that it’s in fact a bit boring. Nature isn’t perfect and I guess too perfect things look unnatural in a way. It also comes with a floody optics by default which I didn’t realize when ordering, and it’s too floody for me - range wise it’s similar to S2+ lh351D with 25deg TIR. Still it was amazing experience to see E21A in action.

ROT66 219B gives, I guess, that “classic” slightly rosy tint. Very pleasant light which looks very white compared to my overly rosy Manker e21. The light itself is not very bright though. Even with non-floody optics it’s too floody (when outside, half of that wide floody beam shines into the sky in front of you illuminating nothing most of the time) - much smaller MF01 Mini SST20 4000k looks subjectively brighter because of slightly narrower beam.

I also got a bunch of 219b emitters from azhu. And having 3 S2+ with LH351D 4000k, once I get some time off I’ll try replacing emitters with 219b s45k on one of them.

I think it will do with 219b for me at this stage. I’m currently more curious to experiment with different colour temperatures. 1st I thought 5000k would be a spot-on temp for me, then I went down to 4500k.

Now 4000k lh351d looks even better at night outdoors. In fact S2+ lh351d 4000k with 25deg optics provides very nice, soft, spill-ish beam with still a very good throw that is really close to the SMO version with the same emitter. On the other hand, MF01 Mini SST20 4000k is not pleasant to my eyes. I can’t say it’s green or anything, but my eyes do not really like it. Too bad, since the light itself, as a package is awesome!

I guess the thing is that 4500k+ temps look well when the beam is strong enough for your day vision to kick-in in full. But on smaller brightness the world looks pale with them. However with warmer temps the world looks warm and even magical in a way even on smaller brightness. In some other thread one someone mentioned that the reduced amount of the blue light if what makes the trick. Maybe I indeed should try D4v2 e21a in 2000k temp :slight_smile:

Here are some beamshots of my rosy Manker e21, D4v2 e21a 4500k, and ROT66 219B (WB set to 5000k).

Everyone, thank you again for your input!

What’s a “Nithium” battery?

Huh?

Typo on the FireFlies website:

Well, my Fireflies Stainless Steel AA arrived today. What a fantastic little light! And for $19, well just amazing. Now maybe some of it is just the solid feel steel gives, but this thing is very slick. Very smooth, even threads. Great clicky. Honestly, it feels like my Malkoff MDC AA and Lumintop Tool Ti gave birth and this is the offspring. I know that doesn’t make sense but thats just what comes to mind. As usual, I would like a lower low and higher high but medium is spot on at least. Running NiMH, havent tried 14500 yet. Interestingly, I definitely ordered SST-20 4000k but pretty sure I got a Nichia. Looks almost identical to the 219B sw40 I just swapped into another light (See this thread ) but they don’t list that as an option so who knows… Either way I’m 100% satisfied at this point.