a little disturbing

It is interesting how some view other cultures.

Example:In the mid 1970's I was stationed in Berlin. Older Germans who lived through the Berlin Airlift would give me flowers and thank me on many occasions. Young Germans yelled vulgarites and gestures at me because NATO had decided to place nuclear weapons in Germany. I had nothing to do with either of those things but by virtue of being an American I was associated with both things.

As I get older I try to not generalize about a culture because of a few peoples actions and I like to practice Internettiquette by giving people the benefit of the doubt about things.

Just thinking out loud.........

yeah, sorry guys. i just thought the guy looked creepy and though people would get a good laugh. shoulda left it alone

As an American born & bred, I have to say that the majority of Americans Do see things in black & white, meaning we see yes & no, but not maybe. It's a way of life for many Americans (as I am sure for many people all over the world), but particularly in America. I think that we don't notice it, because we do it, see it, every day, so we don't think anything of it. We think it's normal, but people from other countries probably notice it much more because they see it in us, through different eyes.

In other words you are all right and you are all wrong... Maybe... Ha!

The first thing I thought about that first photo was "that's funny", then I thought Oops, there's a controversy coming. Not knowing the facts behind the photo, made me feel like it would be "inappropriate" for some. As far as the second photo, I think it's obvious the Chinese know what Americans want in a Christmas ad. They have probably seen our old Snap-on and Rigid tool calendars.Wink

DEM ASSES

Vortex, I apologize for going off at you in the first place. I may not be proud, much of the time, of the people in charge of my country, but I'm proud of my country and my fellow Americans. Glad to see you gave us a capital "A" in your last response.

Back to what's important, is the lady in the boots looking at ME?

And I shouldn't have got upset. So I apolgize. I'm glad you guys are all here to help make this place the great place it is. Happy Thanksgiving!

Brad

Did you notice that the girl in the shiny dress, behind the 60 looks mad? They probably made all the office girls line up for the photo. I don't think she will be giving me a Kiss under the Mistletoe this year...

I have a GOOD present for 2:00 and 2:30... ;)

pay pal sent ..i'll take it ... heck I'm in for two ..

There must be a bunch of married guys here....

Like me. :)

Hell I'll buy them all for $60 :)

I see the pic and my first thought was that he was burnt to a "sinter" (sic) by some Trustfire Flames and was going to sue the "Klass" (sic) off of DX.

I do agree that he looks very creepy as a St. Nicholas character.

Note: It is not uncommon for Santa Claus's to be portrayed in the US with soot smudges on their faces. However, a fully soot covered face as is being portrayed (I guess, noy familiar with the practice in other countries) is a bit weird to those of us in the US. I did not think blackface paint, I just thought it was a weird look.

I am not sure why all the sensitivity over either pro- or anti- US statements on this board, lately. Like mentioned, I am proud to be an American, just not so proud of out government leaders, most times, but will limit my political statements, in this thread, to just that little bit.

Old-Lumens -

I've noticed that in myself as well; the older I get, the more every woman under 30 is pretty. I'm one of those lucky guys however, that still thinks his wife is hot.

stillthough . . .Foy

i am just curious. do westeners and asians have the same standard of attractiveness?

we might think that these calender girls are hot, but asians might think they are just okay.

They always are.

Having visited Japan twice, I was struck with how slender the young women were (men too, for the most part). I thought they (the women) were quite attractive overall. I imagine that Japanese men take for granted the ability to have their pick of fit young women, whereas that can be a fairly special thing in the US.

I guess there's no such thing as universal joking around.

Some Asian women are of the chart , not that there aren't some serious cuties from other cultures ...

But the grass is greener on the other side of the fence ....

Lessee...the youngster holding the wine glass certainly looks too young to drink, or does she not?

These ladies couldn't be older than 15, right?

I'll have my Dr. Pepper at 10, 2, and 4.

Oh...Pippi Longstocking. That ought to do it.

My wife always has the last laugh. She says at my age, it's like a dog chasing a car. When he finally catches it, he can't drive...

Seriously, hope they pay the youngsters well. Some of them don't look too happy in their getups. Some of them look...well...too happy too!