A long-winded intro...

Hello everybody! I’ve been lurking(?) for many years, had a lot of fun and I’ve learned a bunch.
Couldn’t say how long I’ve been visiting, but my “flashaholism” started in…1997! I used to visit
CPF, but their interests kept migrating to high-dollar lights, mine doesn’t. One day I just “found”
BLF, bye-bye CPF. Just a side-note, I’ve been collecting pocket knives since the 1970’s…go figure! For me, a flashlight is a toy and a tool, I walk my dog(s) at night. My neighborhood is a little unusual, the streets are narrow, winding, hilly, heavily wooded, and no street lights! If there’s no moonlight, the streets are totally dark. Most of the houses are 50-70 feet from the road, so I have to be careful where my light shines. At the same time, my light needs to be bright enough to warn fast drivers of my position, even when they’re using their hi-beams. I also have to keep a watchful eye for “animal encounters,” there’s wooded acreage behind the houses, and rabid animals are not unheard-of here. I love my Jacob A60, but one night (2:00 a.m.) a pedestrian got within 25 feet of me before I realized he was there, that’s not good. I won’t subject you to a list of lights that haven’t met my needs, but I am currently using a Yezl Y3 with a XPG2, a little fine-tuning and (hopefully) minor modding and it could be “perfect.” Thanks for reading my long-winded intro, hope I can contribute to the fun!
By any chance does anyone know when BLF started???

Welcome.

I don’t know when BLF started, but you can PM the admin. sb56637 is friendly.

view this post:

5 years blf

We're glad that you joined, Street-Light!

According to this thread...

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/73

...BLF started January 8th or 9th, 2010.

Welcome to the BLF.

I hope you have as much fun here as I do :-)

Thanks guys!

Street-Light ; Hello and Welcome to the BLF—Enjoy

Hi there Street-Light, we’re really glad you found us! A warm welcome to you from all of us.

Welcome to BLF!