a moments confusion

Let’s hope.

If it was someone that sent it to him, based on it being illegal to carry, maybe they don’t like him :smiley:
I’ve been in this situation with flashlights. I go on an ordering spree and when the packages show up, I have to check my PP and order emails to see why I have it, and sometimes just to figure out where it came from (many sellers have no ID on the packages, like DX and eBay).
Kind of like this:

Or this:

I don’t think its a grudge order, its not illegal to own, just illegal to carry and then, only if you get caught lol.

never mind, I’ll have a play with it and see what I think.

In other news, I just signed my side of the paper work for the new gords cave, just need the other guys to agree and we exchange contracts August the first.

That’s one purchase I will remember.

For now, I’m off to have a pint or two to celebrate.

Oh dang it! I must have mistakenly chose to gift it to you instead of choosing my own address. Sorry about that. Could you please forward it to me? :)

Congrats! Hope all goes well! I was curious as to your status on a new house.

-Garry

Gary, feel free to nip over and pick it up :bigsmile: you’ve got my address haven’t you?

Yeah we will be moving very soon, which means I’ll have a work shop very soon too, getting very excited about that, just need to not start looking on ebay at vertical millers, lathes, bench grinders, plasma cutters and all the other toys tools of the trade. :bigsmile:

Yep! We just moved 3 years ago from a very small house on a very small lot (no garage, no shed, just a dirty old basement to work in) to a much larger place where I have a 3 bay garage and two sheds to keep "junk" out of my garage (that didn't work, my garage is still full of junk!). Anyway, I have accumulated so much "stuff" in the last 3 years in that garage that I can't even imagine packing it up to move again! In the O.P. of this mod thread I posted a pic of my workbench back in May. Hmm. . . I can't find the other pics I was going to post. Let me look around and come back.

-Garry

Sadly, my workspace will have to be usable because I intend to use it for actual paying work as well as all the fun things us guys find to amuse ourselves. I have got room to add a shed though, and a summer house lol That’s likely to become a bar if I’m honest, I’m sure I know someone who can put in a fridge system and air con. :bigsmile:

Well, it appears the accompanying photo to the one in that linked thread (the photo taken backed up to show my entire work bench area) must be on my laptop at home. I'll try to remember to post it. I'm actually thinking of building another workbench in the 2nd stall only for flashlight modding use. Eventually I need to rip out the existing workbench, waterproof the wall and build a nicer bench. Any how, here is a photo taken Nov 2011 after I upgraded the lighting (I like my work area bright!):

6 dual T8 32w "shop lights", 2 down each side (tilted inward toward the work area), 2 in the front, 3 light switches control each of the 3 sides. Oh, and there's a drop light hung front and center above the hood. Stall "2" to the right was closed off (i.e. you can't pull a car in there) by a previous owner who put a 3rd stall in front of it (I was standing beside the 3rd stall while taking this photo). I HATE that the previous owner put that stairway up to the "loft" (storage area) in there and wasted so much space! Oh, and there used to be a redneck looking plywood wall (miscellaneous unmatched pieces of plywood) between the two bays which I took down almost immediately. The concrete pillar between the two bays will be coming out in the future and replaced with a simple steel "basement floor jack". (I can't tell you how many times my wife has opened the car door and hit that pillar!) Lastly the stupidly narrow garage doors will be pulled out and replaced with ones 1 foot wider and 1 foot taller (the previous owner was a cheapskate and framed in the old garage door opening for the smaller door - I guarantee he did it to save money). My car barely fits through for width and my car isn't that big of a car.

-Garry

THREE CAR GARAGE!!!

Damm, I see mine as big and its a 1 1/2 english car garage, the landcruiser wont even go under the door lol.

I plan to panel off a third to use as a clean utility come storage room and keep two thirds as my workshop, I may get funky with plenty of mt-g2’s for workshop lighting, its what they were designed for after all, plus it’ll be a fun project.

:) It's not as nice as it sounds. I won't even show you a pic of the "3rd bay" as it was quite the redneck addition. I'm starting to resent ever buying this place! The "cheapskate-ness" of the previous owner is found EVERYWHERE and much of it wasn't so evident when we looked at buying.

-Garry

I hear that, one thing I do like about the new place, its been bought and maintained by a more elderly couple who seem to have done everything right, dormer roofs done properly, all the timber dressings replaced by pvc, new double glazing, boiler, tasteful decor, gorgeous landscaped garden, its just a really nice place to be. And with the other stuff going on at the moment, I think we’re going to need that.

Keep your eye out for either a TN30 or the BTU as we PM’d about, might be coming your way…

So gords, what’s the knife like? Also you can carry it if you have just cause , i.e. for work. :slight_smile:

Its that beaver bush beer you been drinking…

Essexman, bare in mind I was busy worrying that mrs gords would think I’d gone psycho if she saw it, its damned big and heavy for average UK use, the axis lock seems to work ok but the whole thing needs lubing and stropping properly, other than that, its ok, a little too tacticool for my tastes but I could see using it a lot out in the sticks, I’d have no issue battening with it, the blade is more than an 1/8” thick at the pivot, I prefer the look of the g712
myself but I’m happy enough with the knife, if not the price I paid, fasttech has it much cheaper.

Dale, I’m sure I ordered it, or james ordered it for me lol on a sunday morning, I try not to drink that much jungle juice so will put it down to “fatigue” as I think it was a mrs gords lie in sunday…. :bigsmile:

I still prefer my sanrenmu m1 for edc use, and that’s really pushing it without attending to the blade tip a little, it is however a real nice g10 slip joint knife, I’d love the same thing with rosewood scales.

Yes, Gords, you are going senile. Send me all your lights while you still know what they are. We can’t have some senile old codger going blind by staring into the light mumbling, “I’m coming, Granny May, I’m coming…” J)

whut? eh? whuts dat? can’t hear you sonny….

Dude, just make sure someone didn’t get into your (either amazon or CC) account and make the purchase. I once received a stainless steel ring from Amazon just before my CC was maxed out.

Ok, as promised photos of my workbench / garage. Instead of looking for the old pic I got the bright idea to take new ones! :) .

Heres bay #2:

-Garry