A surprising MECO side e-switch light!

yes I have same light (bought year ago on same store)
my driver push only 1 ampere.
On LB fake led,of coursE
how much Ampere your driver?

Alen, I haven’t measured the output of my driver, since I’m planning on replacing it. I researched all the components on the driver, because I wanted to see if it could be modded for more power. But it has a non-programmable driver chip with modes that won’t work for me, so the whole driver has to go. I didn’t think anybody would actually be interested in the details, so I didn’t post any of it here. My driver has two small low-wattage rated FETs that feed into a bank of resistors before going to the emitter. So the output will probably be similar to yours - very low.

If you do want to boost the output a bit, you can stack more resistors, or bypass them completely. There’s a solder pad between the FETs and the resistor bank. Move your LED- to that pad and you’d be removing the resistors from the circuit. You could also stack more FETs to get a higher throughput current. Or, go all out and remove the stock FETs, scrape the board to uncover more of the trace copper, and solder one big FET on there.

The driver chip has four mode sets. The mode set is changed by shorting one or more jumper pairs. By default, on my driver, no jumpers are shorted. But, there are solder pads for that on the board, so it is easy to do. Let me know if you’re interested in knowing what those mode sets are. My issue is that I want the light to go off with one click, not pass through all the modes before going off. That just isn’t possible with this chip (unless you add a clicky switch to cut power :wink: ).