AA mag build suggestions

I have this driver powering an XRE R2 set to single mode in my Match mod Minimag with no contact problems. I did add a couple blobs of solder on each side of the outer ring. It makes some serious light from 2 AAs.

Thats a hard driver to get first time it i cancelled at 40 days then reordered it a bout 10 days later and im still waiting on it. :frowning:

Erik, I haven’t had time to play around with the one I have yet. Will it run off a single AA? What are the highest outputs you have been able to push from it using 1AA and 2AA?

It will pull 3 amps off a single AA or 2 AAs I have no idea what it feeds the LED.

This why I want this driver…… Whens the last time you received these from DX?
thanks E and Jmac good questions and answers

That's a good single mode driver, but be careful. It looks very similar to the one I used in my quest for the highest lumen 2xAA light. With a bit of tinkering, it'll pull 7 amps off of two NiZn and push an xml to 600 otf lumens....for a few minutes till it burns up. There's definitely a sweet spot with the adjustment on these.

I know E has had good luck with these so far but the DX reviews and forum are filled with tales of woe about them.

How exactly did you get it to do that?