Acebeam K65 De-Domed Cree XHP70.2

Hi gang,

This light is a Monster Thrower with a giant and perfectly round hot spot; 6500 lumens plus a 257,000cd distance rating. Amazing!

Let us know your thoughts!

Wow… cool indeed thanks Matt

Nice high output thrower.

Did you measure the output or throw? Maukka measured the output and throw to be under-spec: 4891 lumens and 203Kcd.

My measuring setup is still broke. I fried my light meter, once I get that taken care of I will be doing tests again :slight_smile: Thanks for the feedback.

GB?

Thank you for the review, :beer: How is the tint shift on that dedome?

How in the hell do you fry a light meter?… oh wait a minute, never mind. ;^)

Mine is the “cool white”. Says it began life at 6500k ( says the sticker on the box). I would say 5700k in the center, warming to a more yellow on the edges with a very slight greenish lace around the very rim of the hot spot. Into the spill we go back to the 5700kish yellow with a more white very outer rim.

I know right… A total victory! :crown: Really what I think happened is I damaged it trying to measure UV. I was working on a technique similar to djozz, but a few times I fired directly into the meter. At first when I went back to white light testing, I thought WOW these Maglite dropins are coming up consistently high, I must have got a batch of really low vf emitters. Alas after more testing, it occurred to me. I am not sure if the meter itself is damaged or if the white plastic sensor cover is what was harmed. Either way, and the low end of a range I get really high results, at the higher end, the meter just pegs out. Not going to the “1” and a blank but say it reads 1741 with a 5000 lumen light. Put a 9000 lumen light over it and you’ll get like 1752.

great review, a bit short maybe, looked fun when u mounted the light on the tripod mount on the camera haha :smiley:

Haha! I’m just the opposite. Can’t stand some of the longer reviews. If it isn’t short, and to the point, I don’t watch them.

Good job Matt :+1: