Acebeam New Arrival-X45

The thermal stepdown seems to be well optimized. It lets the handle to reach 51°C while the fins in the head get to about 75°C. This is the first runtime test with turbo max using a fan and the stepdown occurred at 3,5 minutes. Output drops down to 27 percent and if the stepdown lumens stated by Acebeam at 4000 are correct, then the initial output is 14600 lumens and 13900 at 30 sec. Those seem to correlate reasonably well to the quick ceiling bounce test I did comparing the output to the X7.

No. It never was and never will. You could read post #57 again, but I suspect you are either not able or not willing to understand.

Did some measurements with a light box (head’s too big for my sphere) and got 15790 lumens at 0 sec and 14890 lm at 30 s. Averaged and referenced to Olight X7 and MecArmy PT60 on high.

This light is not designed for throw, but if throws in the neighborhood of the TK75vnQ70, then I am interested.

This light is not designed for budget, but if I want it, I will do something productive for society, and then divert some of my reward toward this light. Or, I will divert some of my reward that I earned in the past, when I was young and able to do something for society.

This light is not designed for high cri, but if it is not too strong of a tint that I subjectively dislike, then I am interested.

This light is not designed to be of size for routine carry, but if I want to carry it during my nighttime walks, then I am interested.

This light is able to unleash its full power; it is not excessively factory throttled, so I am interested.

This light is basically configured so that at its maximum output mode, it can not run for hours without getting hot or running out of power. That is why I am interested in this light. I do not want my max throttle choice to be too conservative. I want to let it all loose in a brief blaze of glory, if I want to.

Thank you maukka, for getting a sample and providing detailed information about this interesting light.

Of course. However, Maukka wrote: “It has the worst green hotspot I’ve ever seen (tint shift duv 0.016). I think they just picked the highest output bin possible with no regard to tint. CRI (Ra) 67, R9 –53, TM-30 Rf 70, Rg 90. Measured on high, since the batteries are not charged. Also notice the huge tint shift between hotspot and spill, I think it’s also the worst I’ve measured.”
This should raise concerns. I don’t consider myself a tint snob, but there are limits… It’s a point of concern…

I’ll have some real life beamshots soon, but here is the X45 (left) next to the Olight X7 with a duv of 0.008.

Is that the cool white version of the X7?
You know, the tint of the NW Acebeam EC50 gen II (Acebeam EC50 Gen II 5000K review with measurements (XHP70, 26650) | Candle Power Flashlight Forum) looks really nice (at least on my computer). Perhaps you can someday include a comparison with this light as well. Thanks for the effort in advance.

The X7 has no designated CCT. It was from the first batch, but as it measures 5500 K, I wouldn’t call it either :slight_smile:

Yeah I remember your measurements… It’s a trans I think…
Honestly, from the beamshot you just posted, I can’t tell that the tint is really bad. But that’s one of the problems using computers and talking about tint I guess…

Not designed, but it would be very nice… Approximately 11k lm 5000K 90+CRI light would be just perfect…

If I know maukka at all, I’d guess that that’s what’s going to happen to his sample. Sooner or later. :slight_smile:

Here’s some white brick wall beamshots for comparison. Nitecore EC4SW with a 5000 K neutral MT-G2 was used as white balance reference. More in the review later.

Dedomed 4500 K CRI90 XHP70 (thanks the)

Awesome postS Maukka!
great info

beamshots from a german friend...

http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/threads/acebeam-x45.54843/page-7#post-777951

and a first review (german)
http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/threads/acebeam-x45-eindr%C3%BCcke-bilder-beamshots.55804/

The review says that the supplied batteries are 73.8 mm long. Uhmmm…. Isn’t that ridiculously long?

Edit:

According to the box of the X45, this light seems to be available in colour tan as well! That would be really sweet!

Mine are 69.7-69.9 mm. They barely fit the battery carrier, but at least the contact is excellent. Btw, I suspect the cells used are really good. I measured internal resistance in the ballpark of VTC6 (0.036 ohm). Protection circuit didn’t activate at 20 amps and that’s as high as my load goes (but that might be a good thing when running these in other hotrods).

Aha. Well that makes more sense. And they’re protected cells as well; good to know.

Edit:

Are you sure they are protected batteries?

with a hotspot that green, seems you would be Better off getting the cool white version... why would they accept such green emitters?

kinda like selling a sports car with terrible tires that can't be changed easily...

This thing is seriously bright…

W
T
F

And honestly…. Uhhh…. Bad tint? Reaaaaally didn’t notice that at all… It was just hellah bright…