Acebeam W30: A Light Without Honor

By the way, rusty Joe, it seems like you were led into thinking it was one thing, but turned out to be something else entirely. Is that what happened? Did you say acebeam overrated this light and batteries in particular or in general?

Aginthelaw: Is that in response to my post or to the OP?

The questions were directed to fluffy joe. But I’m always willing To hear your opinion about everything under the sun. You’ve definitely done your research on batteries but I seldom read about your expertise in other areas. How many lep’s did you get lured into so far (I’m on my 3rd)?

Edit: he did the measurements before sending it out to me

I currently have 10 LEPs

Here is the list I have and reviewed: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/63612

1 is still missing in the list, the Nextorch T10L. need to update the list

That’s what I was thinking. And we only need vanilla ice cream.

Funny you would say that , I only eat and only ever ate vanilla ice cream.

The guy kinda looked like bin-Laden.

I have the W30 and the W10 Gen 2 and they are just awesome. They’re great for times when you are around others and don’t want spill like with the awesome FF5. I can shine the W30 right past someone and unless they gaze in the direction of the beam they don’t even know. Useful? Not sure… practical? Hmm… probably not. Fun and bad a$s? Oh yes…. the W30 is like walking around with a white lightsaber with a mile long beam

I want one just to mess with a night security guard a quarter mile away. Shine it on the side of the building and he’ll think someone is up close with a flashlight. Shut it off when he gets close and watch him look around to try to figure out what happened. He would never suspect anybody that far away could do it. I can’t justify the cost for that, even though it could be great fun…

This is what I’m waiting for

This is the one I’m waiting for…

Thanks for posting the video Rusty Joe! A very interesting flashlight. Never heard of LEP flashlights before so it was very informative to me.

Acebeam states “BMW is using similar phosphor technology to create laser headlamps for their vehicles”. From what I’ve heard, the BMW LED headlights are great, but do not have the high beam distance that the traditional HID headlights have. But now with the laser headlamps, the high beam distance is great.

Oddly enough I went for a walk last night with my Firefoxes FF5 HID searchlight and my Acebeam W30. The FF5 easily lit up some trees that were about half a mile away with that massive beautiful beam. But the W30… wow.

Rusty Joe - Wanna sell it? It sounds like you kinda wanna sell it. cmon, whatdya want for it? I’ll shine it at the rear view mirrors of people who cut me off on the hiway, during the middle of the day! everything has a use.

whoa… nevermind Rusty. Im waiting for the w50.

Definitely more useful as a laser pointer, I use mine to chase off pigeons and point at things :slight_smile:

You say it is a laser type of toy.

I didn’t think the light was laser light, just that a laser is used to generate the light? But I may be wrong on this.

I had no idea my little vid would stir up this much discussion! lol

The blue laser is shot into the phosphor and then reflected back out the front. The laser faces the battery, kind of like the old recoil lights

I have to politely point out that LEPs can be useful in certain circumstances. In fact I prefer using my W10 gen 2 versus my LEDs when I’m out for a walk because the slightly wider (and more practical) beam doesn’t hit people near me with spill or things near what I intend to illuminate