Acebeam X70 - 40000 lm - 8*18650 - Active fan cooling

Brand new led always give a higher reading… just keep in mind…

I hope someone can do a lumen tube comparison between X70 and MS12

Interesting. That’s very close to Acebeam specification albeit not at 30th second.
In this test both 5000 and 9000 lumens light increase about 10% compared to test1.
But for X70 the increase is more than 30% compared to test1.
I think test2 with similar settings are closer to realistic performance comparison.
Thanks for the test. :beer: :beer:

I need to work on my presentation. Lol

DIPSTIX, you speak quite naturally in front of camera. Very clear presentation to me. You seems to be surprised by K60 5700lumens measurement, you paused and repeated there. :sunglasses:

Dipstix, I really appreciate you for taking your time to share your data with us. However, I would like to point out an issue with your setup. You don’t have a method of trapping the light within your tube leading to alot of light escaping. A proper lumen sphere would trap the light within the sphere. When you measured the Zebralight, a good amount of light and lumen exits the pipe opening. However, when you measure the X70, the flashlight head is about the size of the tube opening so you don’t have the same light/lumen loss. Since you use the Zebralight as a calibration light, the X70 results will be inflated.

Texas_Ace use a reflective disc to bounce light back into the tube and also a diffuser to evenly distribute the light to minimize the effects of flood vs throw on the sensor and it works really well.

This light is not 45k, as unreliable as ceiling bounce tests are my X70 is hitting 53-68k against every flooder I have, the 53k was against a DT70 which is almost in the thrower category. I can tell by my eyes and 4K video footage it’s over 50k. It looks double the output of the MS12 in all my beamshots.

The X45 and X80 are also close to spec (at turn on) when Maukka sphere tested them. I tested those two on a Texas_Ace tube and they read massively under spec. Tubes don’t work with heavy flooders at all. Martin’s set up will see a pretty accurate result.

If you watched the second review video this has been discussed and a lumen tube is a reliable way to meaure these lights as long as they fit inside.

I don’t know… x70 is most likely 45-50 k lumen light…

Just my experience, a tube doesn’t work well with lights like the X70, they always read too low.

When I first ceiling bounced the X70 I thought that’s not 60k it looks 30k, it was 30k lol as I didn’t realise Eco mode was default!

When it stepped down without the fandle in Power mode I thought that’s not 18000 it’s 6000, I was right when I looked at the runtime graph, it was down to 10% power, ergo 6000 lumens.

I believe I got 58,552 after I adjusted for some variables. Its all in the 2nd video

If we were to use 5000lm light number as reference and assume it is 5000, it read 511.
X70 was 5200, 5000*5200/511=50.9k

If we were to use 9000lm light number as reference and assume it’s 9000, it read 850.
X70 was 5200, 9000*5200/850=55.1k

I think it’s surely 50k+ light, but it’s really hard to get to confirmed result. Any measurement uncertainty of let’s say /-10% would cause about/-5k lumens.

I completely agree.

If we use test1 results for 5000 and 9000 lights for calculations below.

If we were to use 5000lm light number as reference and assume it is 5209 from test1, it read 511.
X70 was 5200, 5209*5200/511=53k

If we were to use 9000lm light number as reference and assume it’s 8907 from test1, it read 850.
X70 was 5200, 8907*5200/850=54.5k

Again, I think it’s surely 50k+ light, but it’s really hard to get to confirmed result. Any measurement uncertainty of let’s say /-10% would cause about/-5k lumens.

I think this is as good as we can get to for your setup. Combination of test1 and test2 results are closer to expectations.
Test1 removed factor of escaped lights but too bad X70 can’t fit in to same position.
Test2 we can remove ZL light as reference for being too small to held at higher position and light escape too much in percentage and inflated multiplier.

This is the proof in the pudding…and that’s after the X70 had seen some use, the MS12 is fully charged.

X70

MS12

The X70 looks twice as bright!! In a ceiling bounce test with the centre LED activated the X70 recorded 25,000 lumens more than the MS12

No doubt X70 is much better. Thanks Flashaholics.

I really like the lumen tubes, but I think they have their limits. When you get into this high of output you probably need to use a larger integrating sphere. Something 6 to 8 cubic feet at least. Just my opinion.

Flashaholics, do you suspect something is wrong with your MS12? It looks really weak beside X70. Wonder is it the high temperature has weakened it. Nice pictures. :+1:

The MS12 has a very very very wide spill area, it floods far wider than the X70/X80/DX80, so a lot of the lumens are going straight to the sky etc and weakening light in the peripheral vision. The MS12 still destroys the X80 and DX80 when ceiling bounced against each other.