Acebeam X70 - 40000 lm - 8*18650 - Active fan cooling

The MS12 has a very very very wide spill area, it floods far wider than the X70/X80/DX80, so a lot of the lumens are going straight to the sky etc and weakening light in the peripheral vision. The MS12 still destroys the X80 and DX80 when ceiling bounced against each other.

Just for kicks

X70

X80-GT

I use your pics to create gif below for MS12 vs X70. Doesn’t seems to have more spill compared to X70. X70 totally destroys MS12.

Looka the the very edges of the pictures and you’ll spot it.

when placed near a wall the MS12 has clearly a lot wider spill, I’ve taken a pic anyway that shows it.

!! Sad to say, none of these SO CALLED beightest flashlights beats this.

:stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp: :crown: :open_mouth:

They sell a 1,000,000 lumen headlamp on Wish.com

Well, that 18pcs of XM-L is capable of delivering ~ 18000 lumens, if properly driven. When driven at 10-12k-ish lumens it’s a proper high-output floodlight at decent efficiency also.
Only thing is the price, ie whether or not it is cheap enough, as a budgetlight.

usd16 is a decent price.

You could do 28pcs as well. 4S tube and 79mm head, not sure if it’s wired as group of 7s or not, or just re-wire it and drive it as DD for cheap thrills. Or see what you can do with 2 or 4pcs x 28T6 with a Lipo pack on a bike hitting over 100k lumens. :slight_smile: Not cheap at 40usd though, unfortunately.

The X70 is the most practical as you can go from flood, throw or flood & throw. It’s awesome. It’s a 3 in 1 light!

We will have to se in your video. What looks better and Brighter to YOUR OWN EYES…thats what matters.

Not when just the XHP35 HI is selected!

Agree with that, and I don’t own any of these lights… The X70 may read high on a lux meter and have good throw. This even show up on pictures to a certain degree. But “unfortunately” you can’t manipulate pupil constriction due to massive amount of foreground light. Unless you don’t have any foreground and is standing on top of a tall building or cliff. And yes, you can of course “solve” this by running only the center XHP35, but in that case, any $20-40 pocket thrower would do just as well or better.
When that is said, I will agree the X70 is a good 2 in 1 light, but not so much 3 in 1.

Thanks Flashaholics for posting that useful comparison. The MS12 does look much dimmer than the X70 using DENGOH’s animated gif. I suspect the MS12 is not performing at its peak performance. Many times, I cleaned all the electrical contacts in my lights and see significant increase in lumens. I have seen almost twice the output before by cleaning all contacts with alcohol. Oily hands and thread grease getting on the batteries and contacts can cause a large reduction in output. I don’t know how these battery packs look so not sure if it applies here.

Also, I wish these high powered lights have more focused throw because ultra bright spill right in front of you makes it hard for your eyes to see past the glare into the distance. I think these super flood are great for use inside large indoor space or dense forest with tall trees.

The centre thrower will shock you all. It has a lot of power and a very deep reflector, I did a side by side with the BLF GT mini and it obliterated the GT mini. Pocket throwers have no chance.

I did also test it against my Amutorch JM70 which measured around 230Kcd and my X70 still has a better throw.

PolarLi, its not only pupil constriction but also saturation of retina. Our eye receives both the light reflected from an object at say 1000m and the light reflected from the ground at 3 meters which is many times stronger. Also the light reflected from water and dust particles in the air counts. So yes, I believe a light such as R90C is the most useful for S&R. Acebeam answer to R90C will come :wink:

Wow the R90C actually lit up the buildings in the background!

The X70 isn’t even pointing up at the buildings, it doesn’t look too far off that 600,000cd thrower!!!

I’ve just gone to the local castle to do beamshots and whilst there I showed the security guard my X70, cometa, D4 and Lumintop Geek, guess which one impressed him the most and which one he wants to buy?

D4