Acebeam x75

Haven't seen anything about this yet so thought I'd drop it here.

Seems like the new Acebeam x75 is now available. 4 x 21700 proprietary pack light larger than a soda can but smaller than the x70. 12 XHP 70.2 in cold white only. Fandle that seems to take after the manker mk38. Acebeam claims 80,000 lumens which seems impossible to me, especially with the battery config. Would have really liked something more sustainable personally. Some more info posted on 1 lumen here.

Max lumens=Max nonsense. This is marketing propaganda. This is not a tool or anything one can use for day-to-day day or week to week activities.

It’s selling more megapixels or higher resolution in a different form factor.

Don’t fall for the marketing crap. Ask yourself, what do I need , to get what I want done accomplished.

If on the other hand you want to brag about how bright your flashlight is for 3.5 seconds, by all means, get it and report back.

I'm someone that really likes high lumen lights, and I'm disappointed in the direction manufacturers are heading with these "mini" designs. It started with Imalent and now Acebeam. I own two x70s and really like them because I feel that the size is at least approaching what's needed to handle high continuous output and the battery pack is large enough to be highly practical on lower modes. With new lights like the ms12 mini and x50, just a few cycles on turbo and the batteries are dead. And cheaper lights do lower modes better with replaceable batteries.

It seems like Acebeam has fallen into the Imalent trap - offering high turn on lumens in a cheap, small light that can't dissapate the heat. I was really hoping Acebeam's new flagship would be a large format light, something that had impressive sustainable lumens. Needless to say, I won't be buying this.

Once again, the proprietary cell pack immediately killed my interest. A 20-60 second turbo mode is equally as foolish and pathetic. If you want a high powered flooder that can throw a decent distance AND with excellent heat sinking, long turbo run times and the large capacity of 8 swappable 18650’s, buy a Lumintop GT4 and be done with it. If your arms are too scrawny to carry it, attach a shoulder strap to the included attachment points and you’ll be amazed how easy it is to carry during night time excursions.

4-21700’s running 12 XHP70’s can’t last for long. 8 XHP70’s head you’ll get less mega lumens for more real throw. Only 2/3rd’s the heat and drain.

I'm totally gonna order the GT 8 whenever Luminotp finally releases it. Seems like a really well thought out light.

My real problem with the x75 isn't the short stepdown - I enjoyed the lumtinop fw21 pro with it's 10 seconds turbo timer as an edc for a while. I found that it's really a 1,000 lumen light and should be treated that way. But there's no reason not to include a turbo mode in case you want to use it. It's either a 1,000 lumen light with or without a turbo. If anything the LED's running on the lower end most time should give increased efficiency compared to a light spec'd for 1000 max. And you can always choose not to use it. I found myself only using it in brief bursts to identify the source of noise or movement when out on hikes. I only really needed the few seconds anyways because 1000 lumens is more than enough for most tasks. That said, I don't see any reason to try and minimize the size of a light that's putting out 30k plus. It's going to be big anyways and you need quite a few batteries to get any semblance of reasonable run time. If it isn't an edc, it just doesn't make sense to go for the smallest, hottest, least practical design. It's probably just to reduce the cost of aluminum.

My issue is that even though the fw21 pro is pushing the limits of a 21700, 10,000 per cell is still only half of 20,000. And it had replaceable batteries. With a built-in pack, the fw21 pro would have been pretty useless, and this light should run about half as long as that one. It's just gone so beyond the point of practically that this light is little more than a toy.

I'm not totally against built in packs if they're well thought out. There do seem to be some legitimate reasons to use them, mainly to include a battery management system (bms) in series lights. But they have to be designed thoughtfully with enough capacity so that swaps aren't needed for extended use. In other words, a light like the fw21 pro or the x75 is never practical with a single built in pack.

Personally I think it is a light with many shadows starting from the Fandle handle that is absolutely useless, produces a cooling close to zero and I say this as the owner of a Manker MK38, the only usefulness is not to burn your fingers, beyond this we want to talk about the lumens declared? It is not possible to have 80000 lumens from 12 xhp70.2 with that battery configuration and I speak as an owner of Imalent MS12 mini who has 60,000 real ones with the same battery configuration, also I believe that by now customers are fed up with these series flashlights: "firepower is never enough ..." much better a hybrid like Imalent MR90 that combines Flood and Throw for superior usability but above all with a better cooling and runtime, this time Acebeam could dare something more in innovation instead they preferred to focus on the large numbers of the 80,000 lumens declared following marketing rather than technology. Very disappointed with this product if it is true that they have been working on it for more than 1 year, they could have used their time better IMO.

[quota=Fedtro]

Personalmente penso sia una luce con molte ombre a partire dal manico Fandle che è assolutamente inutile, produce un raffreddamento vicino allo zero e lo dico da possessore di un Manker MK38, l'unica utilità è non scottarsi le dita, al di là di questo vogliamo parlare dei lumen dichiarati? Non è possibile avere 80000 lumen da 12 xhp70.2 con quella configurazione batteria e parlo da possessore di Imalent MS12 mini che ne ha 60.000 reali con la stessa configurazione batteria, inoltre credo che ormai i clienti siano stufi di queste torce di serie: "la potenza di fuoco non basta mai..." molto meglio un ibrido come Imalent MR90 che combina Flood e Throw per una fruibilità superiore ma soprattutto con un raffreddamento e una autonomia migliori, questa volta Acebeam ha potuto osare qualcosa in più nell'innovazione invece ha preferito puntare sui grandi numeri degli 80.000 lumen dichiarati a seguito del marketing piuttosto che della tecnologia. Molto deluso da questo prodotto, se è vero che ci hanno lavorato per più di 1 anno, avrebbero potuto usare meglio il loro tempo IMO.

Since I am not a person who criticizes without proposing something constructive and I love you because I have several of your flashlights or K75, X65 mini, X70, X80GT etc., I want to suggest a new product with a very competitive cost and that could have many admirers. , take the head of an X65 mini replace the LEDs with Luminus SFT40 and update the battery pack with 3x 21700 and maybe even add a usb-c recharge even if it may not even be necessary and you will get a flashlight with at least 12500 real lumens and a throw of at least 1800 meters which will outperform almost all medium launchers with SBT90.2 and in addition you will get a very good runtime because the SFT40 is less thirsty than energy and heats much less than an SBT90.2

[/Citazione]

That is not true.
Lets do some quick napkin math and ignore efficiency and up to date testing.

80k Lumens with 12 XHP70.2 requires each LED to output ~6700 Lumens.
Even with an older bin like tested 5 years ago(!) here this would be about 60W per LED.

A Molicel P42a can deliver 70A Burst. And we have a 4S configuration.
We need 60W x 12 = 720W

720W/70A= 10,2V. That pack will not drop to 10.2V when fully charged, so at least for a short time that output is realistic.
As soon as the pack discharges turbo will get dimmer.

[quote=Pöbel]

Non è vero. Facciamo un po’ di matematica veloce sui tovaglioli e ignoriamo l’efficienza e i test aggiornati. 80k lumen con 12 XHP70.2 richiedono che ogni LED emetta circa 6700 lumen. Anche con un cestino più vecchio come testato 5 anni fa (!) “qui”: XHP70.2 P2 4000k Output test by Texas_Ace - it's over 9000!! lumens and still going strong! questo sarebbe di circa 60 W per LED. Un Molicel P42a può fornire 70A Burst. E abbiamo una configurazione 4S. Abbiamo bisogno di 60W x 12 = 720W 720W/70A= 10,2V. Quel pacco non scenderà a 10,2 V quando è completamente carico, quindi almeno per un breve periodo l’uscita è realistica. Non appena il pacco si scarica, il turbo si attenua.
[/quote]

The math is correct, it is true that it is theoretically possible but it is not sustainable except for a few seconds then followed by a rapid stepdown determined not only by the discharge of the battery pack but also by the enormous amount of heat that is generated with those absorptions, resulting as a car that reaches maximum speed and then slows down immediately after it runs out of petrol and the engine is overheated, if you like dragsters this is how it is.

yeah, but that is true for each and every dragster light.

People love dragsters nowadays. You can always just use a lower level which is more sustainable.

Almost any light with turbo mode needs stepdown because turbo is not sustainable. Thats true for the majority of lights we enthusiasts have today.

I mean, it is definitely possible to output 80000 lumens from 12x XHP70.2s, but OTF I really have to doubt their rating.

Including OTF losses, you need at least 7000 lumens/LED, which is possible, just for a short period of time.

As long as they can keep the LEDs cool for about 30 seconds, it should be fine.

The question here is: how can they sustain 700W from the battery pack?

You’re pushing over 175W/cell at that point…

Molicell 42a are rated for 70A peak. Even if they dropped to 3V that would be more than enough

Watch more of what our friends Zhudabo gives his review the X75 Brightest Power Bank Flashlight. If you are looking for a quick rundown on features that are important to you, check out his video.

Video Review Brightest Power Bank Flashlight X75