Adventures in Greased Lightining, Rouge and Practical Broiling

I’m going to give broiling a try on my 502b tonight after work. But I imagine its paint and not ano. But we will see. Maybe if its Orange it will make me like it enough to not give the host away…

rikr -

I thought about leaving the rouge in the knurl like that too . . . mainly because it is so hard to get out. Your lights turned out awesome.

Foy

Foy,

Thank you, I think the look of them is so cool and I think I am going to do 1 more and that will be my 980L. Yours looked so good and that is what inspired me to do my lights. I have a question about the type of wheel I bought for my bench grinder it was a soft and not very firm and all these strings come off and fly all over me should I buy the more firmer one? The first picture is the white one I have and then there's the yellow one, is that the one I should of gotten?

1. White one: http://www.lowes.com/pd_329538-70-PC6MBP_0__?catalogId=10051&productId=3364040&UserSearch=porter-cable+6%22+white+polishing+wheel+item+%23%3A+329538&Ntt=porter-cable+6%22+white+polishing+wheel+item+%23%3A+329538&N=0&langId=-1&storeId=10151&rpp=24

2.Yellow one: http://www.lowes.com/pd_329540-70-PC6FBP_4294777257_4294937087_?productId=3364042&Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl_Wire%2BWheels%2Band%2BBuffing_4294777257_4294937087_%3FNs%3Dp_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr%7C0%7C%7Cp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&facetInfo=

Thanks for your help.

Looks better than great Rick!

That looks very nice.

Guys your doing this back to front.

First get your torch then use it as normal.

When it get scratched up then take the Ano off.

New Torch.

+1

:)

+2

It's like jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. LOL

Foy,

I didn't want take up room in your post, but I worked on the knurling and got it all cleaned up. What do you think?

That looks amazing, Rick.

Thanks Wayne. How are you doing?

Good, thanks !!!

All of these "shiny" pics are making me want to de-ano the new Solarforce Gladiator that just landed....

That would look very cool....Another one that would be cool to do is the light that looks like a small baseball bat at DX or this one, I have always liked this one.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/durable-stick-style-n-fb91-cree-q4-3-mode-180-lumen-white-led-flashlight-w-strap-1-x-18650-3-x-aaa-93228

Here's the other one that would be awesome to do.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/dual-baseball-stick-style-cree-q4-wc-180lm-3-mode-led-flashlight-1-x-18650-3-x-aaa-91578

I am VERY tempted to do my Solarforce L2X this way and see how that aggressive knurling looks all shined up. I think it'd be darn pretty!

rikr -

Sounds like you might have the right wheel. Strings fling off all over the place with the wheel I used. Our machine at work has a more firm wheel on the other side but because I liked the results so much with the softer one, was afraid to try it.

Chicago - Does the Gladiator break down shorter or are you going to need a long tray to dunk it in. Actually, I would give careful consideration before denuding that bad boy . . .

ImjustsayinFoy

Foy,

Do you dilute the grease Lighting?

Thanks for all of your help...

Rick

Nope. I serve it up neat, right out of the bottle.

Foy

Yes it is a Remington R-1 1911. We totally stripped it and sandblasted the blue off and coated the slide and small parts in black and the frame in OD green. It turned out really nice. I haven't done anything other than handguns with it up to now, but it will be easier to do it on the flashlight anyway. It is smaller with less parts. It is pretty easy to ceracoat stuff once you find the proper paint gun and get the baking time and temp right. The trick is not getting the coating too thick, it will start messing with clearances if it is. If I get the time to do this before I go back overseas next month, I'll post the before and after pics of the coated solar force on a new thread.

El cheapo 502b will change, its an Orange ish bronze ish color. How Orange can the ano get before it gets cooked off or just stops changing?