Advice needed 1aa - last resort light

The Jetbeam Jet-I MK is a great light. I like it a lot.
But the tint is not neutral or warm.

I would go for a Jetbeam Jet-I MK too. Some of the others mentioned are side switch types and therefore potentially in my view less reliable. The Jet is well built and I can’t think of anyone posting about one failing on them.

Jetbeam JET-I MK XP-G2 14500 - TITANIUM GREY (link is external)
$ 10.99 code: MKGIFT

Don’t buy Three …Buy 4 and be 4$ over your budget …. this is as cheap as i’ve seen this light in a very long long time .Don’t ever recall having heard anyone ever have a negative comment about anything except the tint … I jumped on a pair

Jetbeam Jet-I MK
modded with Nichia 219B High CRI 4000 or 5000K

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_368125.html :+1:

Yeah…

[/quote]

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_368125.html :+1:
[/quote]

Use the coupon code: MKGIFT to drop the price to $ 10.99

Thanks for the info & tip on the Jetbeam Jet-I MK. :+1:

M4DM4X has a good deal code on the Jetbeam Jet-u (1 x AAA) if anyone is interesred. I picked up a few of them for myself & to gift.

Got a couple of the 1 MK’s too…. :slight_smile:

Mi7 is fine UNLESS you get the silver version. Will not lock out mechanically due to being bare aluminium. The Mi7 also has the advantage of working with AAA cells in a pinch due to it’s very long spring.

Looks like the jetbeam will be the one. Tint is just a preference, size weight and runtimes are priority. Thanks for your input everyone.

I don’t know if you are familiar with Eneloop rechargeables Trippwire, but from my 10 + years experience using them…… you would be hard pressed to do better.

They will hold the majority of their charge for years when in storage or left unused in a light. And I can back that statement up from personal experience of just over 5 years in a light that was misplaced under the seat in one of my trucks. :wink:

Also, the first Eneloops I bought over 10 years ago are still going strong too & they are used on a regular basis to this day.

These are the Eneloop’s to get. Don’t waste your money on the PRO Version.

These people are good to deal with also. :slight_smile:

Welcome to BLF also…… :+1:

I was all set to get these (4-pack), but curiosity got the best of me.

Amazon has the 4-pack for 15bux… and the 8-pack for 19bux!

I don’t go through that many AAs, usually takes forever to burn down a “spent” one in my bobofett light, so I’d probably just use these in my Jet-I, WK50, etc., and forget about them.

Now I can try to figure out what to do with all those alkaleak AAs I still have…

Have you looked at the Thorfire TG06S? I believe they are only $11 on Amazon right now, no code needed.

I would suggest the ReyLight Pineapple. Great moonlight mode, built like a tank and very reliable. My other choice would be the Thorfire TG06S, but it has horrible PWM. I see the PWM when walking with it and catching a reflection.

I’m not surprized. Personally, when it comes to buying Eneloops; I buy from the vendor I know 100% for sure I will get the genuine ptoduct…. made in Japan also.

With Thomas Distributing I know this! :+1: … They are great people to deal with also.

• Fast order processing… usually ships same or next day
  • Genuine products… no “fakes”

Anyway…. I could go on but no use. I buy my Eneloops from Thomas Distributing & know for a fact they are genuine.

No doubt there are many other place that have the genuine article also…. but I don’t have the time or inclination to search them out to possibly save a dollar or few.

ThomasDistributing.com works for me. :wink:

I have NO affilation with them, I am just happy to deal with them.

And of course, to anyone reading this……… YMMV. :slight_smile::wink:

I decided Thomas, I live about 45 minutes from them. Dangerous place to visit!

Those are the batteries I would get in the Eneloop range. Lower self-discharge and better durability than the Pro. The higher capacity of the Pro alone wouldn’t entice me for the extra cost.

I ended up buying the IKEA Ladda. Locally, they’re half the cost of the regular Eneloop 2000 and one third the cost of the Pro. Best of all they appear to be rewrapped eneloop pro’s. My first couple of rundowns seems to match the performance (no hard data). I can replace them twice as often for the same cost as the regulars and get the increased run time. We’ll see about their durability. Something to consider. My usage is light (pun intended).

I wish I could try the Ikea batteries, but would have to drive 2 hours to get them. :frowning:

The Jet 1 mk arrived yestererday, it’s very well made light. I took it out for a bushwalk and medium is more than enough light to get around in the dark. 9hrs on medium, 100 on low, if these figures are accurate with eneloop, it’s perfect. (except for the tint)

+1