Advice on Network attached Storage??

Yeah, that looks to be a possible source of trouble if not the sound too. Did you use new HDDs in the NAS? Synology should have some disk tools that might be able to fix the disk in question if it isn’t a physical issue.

Yikes! I ended up going with the ASUS RT-AX89X router and the speed and coverage is amazing. I tried to connect a drive to create an FTP/Samba/Cloud but realized that it needed to be formatted NTFS

I’m still going to go with my original plan of getting a NAS with a 10 gig SFP/copper port

Hey all, I seem to be having some trouble with my Synology NAS. It seems EVERYTHING, updates, security settings, passwords all hinge on the drive in bay one. I setup two factor authentication and it works fine with drive one installed in bay one, but if that drive is not installed the system fails. If I put new drives into the NAS, (including one that was in the NAS when I setup two factor) without the drive that was in bay one installed I get locked out. It still asks for two factor, but when I put in the code (correctly) it fails every time. Not only that the emergency backup codes (like the ones you can have emailed) do not work either.

Does anyone know why this might be or how to fix it? I cant really call the spare drives a “backup” if drive one has to be in tact and installed for the other drives to be accessible.

You’ll probably find a lot more knowledgable synology users at the synology community site than here.

I’ll be interested to hear how this turns out. I’m thinking of getting a synology myself and plugging it into the 10 gig port on my new ASUS router

P.s. I didn’t even know there was such a thing as ass flashlights. For proctologists? http://assflashlights.com/

10G port probably won’t help much…i’ve got a DS420+ here and it has 1G ports

Ahh… I’m not even sure what I’ll do with them yet. I’ll probably get a multiport 10g switch and plug each of the CAT 8’s into it. I’d like to have 10 gig between my network room and my office for sure

Try Syncthing, I used it before and it works great