Advice wanted on my next project - C8 XP-G2 on copper - Finished edited with results

I'm thinking of a Convoy C8 host, with a XP-G2 R5 on Noctigon copper, Qlite driver (using very low, low, medium, and high modes) and a KD XP-G reflector. Would I need to remove one or more 7135's or would 3 amps be OK?

Trying for a budget Armytek Predator.

EDIT: Finished Flashlight as above - very ringy beam with an XP-G plastic centering piece, removed that and used a sticky insulator instead and the rings vanished.

And it has good throw. There are no streetlights in my area, and I can make out a white painted fence at approx 350 meters with it (distance measured with GPS).

DMM says 2.97 amps on high.

Just did the same thing to my Convoy C8. I haven’t used it for long periods of time on high yet but everything seems fine so far. I’m pretty happy with the results.

Doesn't the Convoy C8 use a one-off pill with different threads, and fit for only a 16mm star? Might be better off starting with a more universal host, nice (other than that pill) as the Convoy is...

Im running a C8 with 3A qlite, copper and de-domed XP-G2…
Most of my XP-G2s are at 3A…

Has done some mods with xpg-2 in convoy hosts getting close to 2 000 lumens OTF ! I thinks

No way to get 2000L out of XPG2 unless you use three of them. Max of about 750-800 each.

Results in first post

Sounds like a nice light xv-750. You cant keep us in suspense. Whats next?