Aliexpress Super Deals

The AE listing is wrong. It’s a 14500 light.

3 Thanks

14500 makes sense visually, too.
The flashlight looks awfully long for an 18350 flashlight. :+1:

1 Thank

Yes, you’re right. Good catch. Funny how Wurkkos doesn’t mention it in the title or in the initial description. You have to scroll down to specifications to see the battery type.

1 Thank

Hi, may I know which emitter LED has the TS12? Thanks!

It’s fairly ugly and green, it’s just a fun little beamer.

Wurkkos apparently has changed the LED/emitter to a less green one, as can be read here: Wurkkos TS12 anounced - #11 by James_C

Matthew in the post below that confirm’s that.

It’s (obviously) not certain if the ‘Cutesliving Store’ is maybe selling old (greener) stock or that they have the different/updated LED.

EDIT:
Brokearrow also confirmed that it is less green now:

2 Thanks

Do you also have the feeling that current AE bargains are like 20-30% less attractive than they used to be in November and December?

It’s Chinese new year so I assume there’s less desire to push sales right now, until staff return?

These Super Deals (don’t know about other deals) fluctuate all the time. I can’t figure out a pattern to it. That TS12, for example, will be either $14 or so, or $19 or so.

So when someone posts here they should try to include not only the link but also state the “good” version of the price they are seeing. If someone clicks the link and the price is worse, they should check it again regularly in case it deops back down. It’s very frustrating.

2 Thanks

Not really possible to do as the price shows different for various countries, but I know what you mean it is very annoying.
I followed a link just yesterday, then saw another light really cheap in £’s. I logged in and it over doubled in price and it wasn’t a welcome deal - I hate the way Aliexpress conduct their store, so much work and hassle for the customer, and surely for them.

1 Thank

Wurkkos TS12 was not what I hoped for. Too small hotspot, weird UI, still green (updated version)

Wuben E6 is in a different league. And even a Convoy T2 W1 (with 5A buck) makes it look old.

1 Thank

A shame that it’s still so green!

I totally forgot to check the UI beforehand, so I did it now, but according to the description on the Wurkkos AliExpress page it appears to be the regular/standard Wurkkos UI, with both stepped and ramp modes (and double click for Turbo and (from off) press and hold for Moonlight).

What is so weird about the UI?

1 Thank

When you click on, double click to turbo, then click off it does not go off, but back to normal brightness. You have to click a second time for it to go off. A thrower should not remain on when you click it off, as you don’t want to accidentally point it at people. Maybe it’s not a big deal to others, it just really annoyed me.

You are right though, it is their standard UI. I hope they can fix it.

1 Thank

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804031032297.html?spm=a2g0o.tm1000004601.d0.1.7fb053f3hdarye&pdp_ext_f={"ship_from"%3A"CN"%2C"sku_id"%3A"12000033320959019"}&sourceType=562&scm=1007.28480.364558.0&scm_id=1007.28480.364558.0&scm-url=1007.28480.364558.0&pvid=706c9cf5-74fa-4a8d-ba06-b660101cc5eb&utparam=%257B%2522process_id%2522%253A%2522standard-portal-process-2%2522%252C%2522x_object_type%2522%253A%2522product&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

Q8 Plus, $58 before tax no batteries (no coupons allowed it seems though)

1 Thank

The price was very good and I was going to pick up one, but I balked. Not happy to hear about the greenish tint and how it has a really small hotspot. So this little thrower ends up delivering more spill then?

1 Thank

I’m finding that all too often these ‘sales’ consist of first doubling the price and then advertising a sale offering 40% off. :roll_eyes:

Myself and others try to only post the truly good deals here. E.g when the IF25A was $14 that was a ridiculously good deal - like probably right around cost. I don’t pay any attention to the “regular” price vs the “sale” price. I only look for objectively good deals.

Edit: I mean IF22A. I always get those confused.

3 Thanks

Yes, the reflector is too shallow to make a useful thrower. I was planning to eventually put a 519a domed in - to get a wider hotspot to match the wide spill.

On the bright side, it is the only 14500 light with USB-C!

4 Thanks

I agree with complaints about AliExpress doubling “regular price” then offering a sale at 40% off

That said, I’ve just spotted the HS10 at the lowest price I’ve seen: £9.something pre-tax if you want the one with the cell included.

Not sure how to link items from the app?

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
£8.11 69%OFF | Sofirn HS10 USB C Rechargeable Mini 16340 Headlamp 1100lm LH351D 90CRI Angle Flashlight TIR Optics with Magnet Tail 2 Groups

2 Thanks

You have to get the link from a browser, which can be a pain on a mobile device with the app installed:

This link should work:
Link

2 Thanks