ALIVE: Astrolux K01 groupbuy

I hope a slightly modified triple spacer for s2+ will fit in there , to turn it in triple or quad .

Yea, that's what I'm thinking. I got a collection of spacers, so sure I can work with something. I also can get almost anything of aluminum at work. I could also get alum machined on special request - might cost me a light in exchange

I just received my second K01, beautiful light. Been chatting with Macy at BG support, after several polite emails BG is sending drivers and boards for the tailcap illumination for me to install. I have found that when dealing with BG support, you just need to be polite, patient, and persistent, PPP!

I just made a K01 into a quad today using an S2+ spacer. I ground and filed off the narrowed part plus a bit, but I was using Khatod optics, which require about 5mm more depth. The bezel is very deep. The pill might go halfway into the bezel, but I doubt it. The reflector would be filling that space if it were there. With a Carclo optic, the whole optic might be in the bezel, with the MCPCB just below the edge of the pill. I had to remove about 70% of the bottom half of the Khatod optics legs to get them in. But, like I said, the Carclo are about 5mm shorter, and taper in more.

- no light in taillight, which was advertised at time of purchase.

• driver side spring broke off due to bad soldering. So light is actually defective.

BG didn’t react to my CS appeals (with photos) for 4 respectively 2 days until I opened an eBay conflict. Obviously, they asked for photo’s again, which I had sent already.

And obviously, they will offer a slight refund in BG points again ….

Keep you posted.

Phew.

Hey!

banggood already posted an appology for the tail light - pleasecontact Swi and she will send you the needed parts :)

you will get the new driverwhich also solves the broken spring problenm ;)

Cool. I look forward to their reply om my email :), thanks “Cleo” seems to be handling my case, so I’ll wait for het reply.

My replacement parts are on the way, it just takes some polite patience and understanding that english as a second language takes some time to work through.

Don’t like lighted, parasitic, battery draining, can’t lock it out, tail switch or the funky drivers that come with them, so I’m good! :+1: May I have a Black button boot instead!! :smiley:

I was literally in the shopping cart about to pay $40 for this, saved it to my wish list and came back to BLF only to find this thread! :smiley: Thanks Martin! I filled out the form, eagerly anticipating my code so I can get this little beaut!

Dale - it's a nice little solid copper beauty for sure.

Experiencing some 4 yr old excitement in anticipation of a much wanted present. lol

:heart_eyes: :partying_face: :smiling_imp: :blush: Is there a jumping up and down jabberbox emoticon? :stuck_out_tongue:

mail sent

Mine showed up yesterday. Weighty for sure but nice. All are flawless. I actually like that the tailcap isn’t lit. If I change my mind I have switches I can change out.

The K01 looks nice, but it’s a 14500 light in a body bigger than some 18650 lights. It seems too big for its cell type. I’m still hoping to get a truly small 14500 light with a BLF driver, or revive the brass 18650 with a BLF driver and decent emitter.

Love brass. 18650 and blf.

Got it some days ago

It was DOA DWP (dead when packing)

Where is the quality control?

I had to heat the iron

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/45333/15

However, thanks Martin!

ouch

was it ripped off?

No, it was never a welded
The tin did not touch the switch leg, it was totally clean

Is this GB still open? I like the look of this light. Is it really 1400 lm?