ALIVE: Astrolux S42 groupbuy: US$ 25.95

Just reading the IMR 18350 thread and a charging current of 0.57A might be a bit to high. 800mAh x 0.6C= 480mA
Comment from DB

Not if you have the aspire 18350's. Wow, got my first order yesterday. They are impressive. In my S41, an EFEST dark purple gets 6.3A, the Aspire gets 10.6A. The EFEST is dated, from 12/2015, but still...

Woaw! :partying_face: That’s a 60-70% increase!
I have five on the way and a few S41’s waiting…
Still haven’t received the S42 but sent an email to BG nonetheless.

This is my first astrolux and probably my last.unless they turn it around.

Hello Friends, if the lights already shipped but you still not receive it, you also can contact our CS, tell them your order number, they will send you the tube and cover too, thank you

Hello, sorry for this, there was some misunderstanding before, we did not told the CS cleraly, from now on, tthe s42 after sale problem they won't ask for photos or video any more. thank you for understanding!

Best Regards,

Swi

Thanks Swi.

BangGood’s Customer UNservice department takes the price again…

I sent an e-mail to them, as per instructed above, even including a link to Swi’s statement above. I just received an answer:

_Dear XXX ,

Thanks for your email.

We notice the order YYY was shipped on 2017/6/9. Is there something wrong with it?

Best regards,

Crystal_

Hey, friend, our CS is double-shift work, maybe they hasn’t hand over well, so made the misunderstanding. We got your email, will solve your problem later, pls wait more minutes, thank you

Thanks!

Update:

Dear friends,

We already asked one colleague to deal with S42 technical problems specifically, any technical problems, please send E-mail to heyanqing@banggood.com directly from now on, sorry again for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Swi

I too received an email reply asking for photos or video. I was also asked to provide proof from my shipping label. I have not yet received my light, but provided my order number like you asked me to do.

Will I have to wait until I receive the light I paid for? I hope not.

I copied the new email address you sent with my reply from CS. I hope to hear a reply soon.

Yup, same here:

“Thanks a lot for your email.

We are sorry to tell you that we cannot confirm your problem at the moment.

Could you please tell us more information of your problem?

To better check the issue, would you please send us a short video or some pictures of the item to show us the issue, along with the shipping label and SKU label?

After checking, we will give you a satisfactory solution.

Sorry about this inconvenience and we look forward to your kind reply.

Best regards,”

:person_facepalming:

Edit: Just spotted the updated email address, guess I’ll resend.

The S42 situation is unfortunate, but it’s a bit unreasonable to expect the entire customer service department to get up to speed on the situation in just a few days. Banggood is big, and does many other things. To get around that, there is now a dedicated support person for this specific problem, and that says a lot about how hard the company is trying to help.

I mean, it’s okay to be mad about how things have turned out so far, but the support people aren’t responsible for that.

Martin….

Is it possible to update the first post with a quick snapshot of problems and the email addresses for people to use to get these problems resolved? It’d be easier for people to get a summary of what is happening rather than have to search through the thread.

Well, we just followed the instructions we were told to do. I agree it seems rather crazy to expect them all to be aware, but Swi, told us to do exactly what we did - email cservice. After she learned it was impossible to actually work, now we are given a proper contact..... Hoping it will go smoother now, but we won't now til we get some sort of intelligent reply - I'm emailing once again for the fourth time now...

Email sent to heyanqing@banggood.com

Are you kidding?
You sold a beta-test or engineering sample in the guise of a finished product!

I also emailed my order #.

I wish they would send engeneering samples for review before they start selling em

The 2 main issues, bad UI, breathing mode without proper LVP and the missing AMC7135 for low modes are the things I clearly found in my review could have been fixed

fixing problems after release makes a lot trouble and extra work

I agree with ToyKeeper above, (though I sympathize with everyone who has already swapped emails with CS).

Here is what I sent:

If we all keep it simple and concise, things will go easier for everyone.