ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

For now i would just wait and check in a couple of days whether the tracking number shows up in the system. It can take up to a week until it does though, keep that in mind. If the number doesn’t show just open a dispute, your payment is safe.
I hope you get the knife, it’s awesome!

Last knife I bought from AE the store effectively shut down as no products were shown or available. Two weeks later, knife arrived, very nice (Spydie Stretch clone). Don’t worry, AE has great purchase protection. Oh, tracking didn’t show for ten whole days……

Don’t worry.

I second that

OK thanks.

Looking to pickup a few knives during CNY.
Does anyone know if typically Gearbest and Aliexpress have a sale during their CNY holiday?
I know that Fasttech has 20% off their whole site for the next few days so I’ll be picking up a few there but was wondering if GB and AE would have something similar.

I’ve been doing so well at resisting the temptation to buy any knives for the past six months, but broke down and bought two during the current Chinese New Years’ celebration sale at Fasttech [link to sale discussion].

I purchased a Sanrenmu 7010LUC-SA and a Ganzo G716.

Any other recommendations, while the sale is still on?

…. and you like hefty blades, buy the G720 or the G722, they are awesome!
Congratulation to the 2 new blades by the way!

All knives have 20% off from 5 to 7 of this month? If i put a knfe in the cart i do not see any discount.

U have to apply kunghei at checkout

You won’t get better price from GB because most of their knifes are very close to the price sold at the Chinese market.

OK thanks.

If you’re resisting, that is the wrong question to ask LOL!

So many nice ones to list.
On the larger side
Ganzo G720 (as mentioned above)
Ganzo G727 (Ontario RAT inspired)
Ganzo G729 and G730 (Spyderco Paramilitary 2 inspired, axis and frame lock)
Ganzo G717 (Sebenza inpired)
Enlan EL-01 (a classic and solid large knife)

On the smaller side
Sanrenmu 7063 (axis or liner lock, very well made)
Harnds Knight (my favorite small folder together with the 7010 you got)

So many more to list…

Thank you!

Gearbest will put a 20% off too?

Not sure abt that

Thanks, I’ll look them over later this evening. (BTW, 80mm to 85mm is about the maximum size blade length I’m nterested in.)

What I really need is a knife sharpener.

Any recommendations on a good, cheap knife sharpener?

The genuine Lansky LKCLX deluxe 5 stone, non diamond set is pretty good, make sure to get the c-clamp or stand to go with it. I use it on all my knives and can shave with them. Well I do strop them afterwards with white then green stropping compound on my double sided leather strop. Sometimes if I'm really bored I will even go with red rouge compound. Sharper than my razors with a mirror edge finish. It is a hell of an awful lot of work though. But hey, its another hobby, I love it!

The Edge Pro Apex is also very nice, I had a clone set for awhile. Got to be careful to tape off the metal surfaces as to not scratch your blade all up. Hard to do though because of all the water and stone particles.

If you have cash to blow, the Wicked Edge Precision Knife Sharpener is your man. I want one real bad.

I find that with these systems you get solid guidance with keeping a perfect edge in degrees that matches your blades. The Edge pro Apex and Wicked Edge systems can be adjusted to match your blade exactly. The Lansky system gives you a few degrees of options 17, 20, 25, 30. These are the most common grinds for all types of knives. Works ok but not as exact. All these other systems with no edge guidance require a lot of skill in holding an angle, I've never been able to do that well so I need systems that provide as much guidance in keeping the factory edge as possible.

Start cheap:

Mousepad sharpening

Give this a shot if you want an easy and VERY sharp edge…

All of the flat ground Ganzos will sharpen wonderfully with this method…

Spyderco Sharpmaker

I got my first two serious (at least to me and compared to my former knives) knives a couple days ago, Mora Companion Black and Mora Bushcraft Black. I love them. Man I just can’t afford getting addicted to knives the way I am addicted to flashlights. But now I have this 3.2mm carbon steel blade and that 2.5mm stainless and can’t help thinking about how sharp a Mora 2mm carbon steel blade would be…