ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

Crock Sticks are an excellent starting point…

It makes it much easier to maintain the proper angle for someone who is learning.

Thanks for the suggestion. I watched few reviews on YouTube and it seems that this sharpener is very easy to use, so i ordered one from ebay since amazon hates us and does not ship here. :slight_smile:

F729. The skeletonized liners are a big plus

Here is mine too, i like it a lot, it is much lighter compared to my old G702 and overall it is much better knife.

Depending on the condition on the knives you have I would suggest a course diamond stone and leather stroop to complement medium/fine ceramic rods. I have a cheap double sided diamond field sharpener and it will save you so much time and frustration.

For future reference, I do own that set from Lansky and it’s a solid product, but I also meant that style of sharpener in a general sense. There are similar products that are just as good or superior (the Spyderco Tri-Angle comes to mind). That being said I think you’ll be happy with the Lansky, it does the job and is easy to use.

This is what I use. It’s cheap and it works. It is stage one used on knives with dull or undesirable edge angles. Next I use medium rods then fine rods then Strop. Friends family and coworkers all bring me knives to sharpen and I’m still learning.

Besides the Lansky....I have a Work Sharp....both cheap and do the job-

That work sharp looks ideal for a camp/bug out/w/e bag. I’d never seen one.

I only have four knifes, three Ganzo’s and one Sanrenmu 710, two of the Ganzo’s are still razor sharp and can shave, the sanrenmu is a little bit dull but still with good blade profile so it will be easy to sharpen, my first Ganzo is in bad shape but i don’t plan to use that knife anymore. So i think Lansky 4 rod sharpener is good enough for me, at least for now :slight_smile:

I get that, there is always better but the better one comes with much steeper price so i think ill be satisfied with this one.

+1, I’m really excited about the Kershaw/Al-Mar collabs. Will definitely buy the AM-3 or AM-4, maybe both. It’s the Spydercos that are really going to hurt my wallet though.

Lol talking about budget knifes
Received this one today:
http://m.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-and-folding-knives/pp_597654.html?wid=21
OK less then €7
Wooden scales
Spring assist opening
Razor sharp
Nice big blade
Dang this is a steal
And just look at that price, can’t get more budget then this (I have ordered knifes in this price range but dang this one feels as good as 3/4 x more expensive Ganzo knifes.

Lol, you have a point, but when Al-Mars typically go for $150+ and Kershaw decides to go in on some collabs with a street price of$30, that’s a screaming deal in my book, ymmv.

Agreed. The al-mar’s and the Natrix are on my short list! Not sure which AM model yet but one of them!

I get you
Yet just ordered two more and a bend pair of scissors for little over $15
I can’t stress enough how happy I was when the mailman came
A total of 2 multi tools and 6 knifes he brought me but this folder just blew me away and hence I ordered two more as gifts (heck I can buy 3 for the price of 1 nice Ganzo so effectively tripled my gifting power :smiley:

oh I am really don’t care about brands so prefer anything without a brand on it if I have the chance but realize I am kind of unique on that department :wink:

Kershaw / Al-Mar AM3 link…

looks like 4 models planned, I’d be in for the AM4 very handsome knife.

Yeah, finally some more assisted Kershaw knives, as there wouldn’t be enough in that section already.

But it seems the buyers like that, the extremely well flipping Chill or Strobe get discontinued for wannabe auto knives.

Ha, personally, I’ve never owned a Kershaw or an assisted-opener, and I’ve always kind of wanted an Al-Mar Falcon or Eagle. This is basically three birds with one stone!!!

Received my jin02 today. Impressed overall. Definitely well built very smooth out of the box action (surprising). Blade centered perfect, no blade play whatsoever. Almost threw my arm out testing blade retention did finally get it to open but no way this thing opens by accident. G10 texture is smooth. It does provide more grip than wood or metal scales but will not hang/grab clothing. Blade came dull imo (surprising). During sharpening I could easily tell that this was a harder steel compared to aus 8, vg10, 440c. Acted much more like s30v steel that a friend asked me to sharpen recently. I’ll end by saying that this knife is in terms of thickness and weight about maxed what I would edc. Love it.

After adding some lube to the bearings mine became “free falling” smooth.
I’m really curious about its blade steel. By any chance could someone test it with an XRF alloy analyzer? :wink: