ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

I second that Freman. I’ve been waiting since 8/15/15 for some Ganzo knives from Gear Best. I get items from FastTech in less than two weeks.
Jim

Likewise - I ordered a G724 on 15/8/15 for delivery to the UK - I’m still waiting for it. I previously ordered a G720 which I received in 20 days. Fasttech and AE are much better with shipping.

Very frustrating.

SP

Yes nostalgia bias but really the steel is the cheapest, so easy to bend it and break it. Weak lock and cheap plastic. But still very good for the price and quality for something made in swiss. Now higher ranges are different. I like alox serie.

my G724 from GB was shipped out on july 27th, and i am still waiting for it. |(

You have Wayyyyyyy more patience than I. I would have canceled and asked for PayPal refund. Sometimes it's worth a little extra bucks to get it sooner. I've heard more and more slow shipping stories about GearBest and I honestly think it will affect MY future purchases from them. It's to the point of them selling stock they DO NOT HAVE... J)

Since I posted review of Ganzo G201-H in reviews sub-forum, I thought I might inform the rest of the world about it :D!

Its nothing stellar but its sort of budget multi tool with a knife, two actually, in it!
http://budgetlightforum.com/forum/misc/gear/reviews

Picked up this beauty, comes with micarta handles, hopefully it will arrive soon

Ali-Link

Very pretty, but I do question the 61Rc spec on the description. 8CR13MoV is going to be hard to get that high without some inherent brittleness being left in the blade. Most likely they run 57-59Rc, if not you need to be careful about how you use it to avoid a chipped edge or cracked blade.

If it comes in at 59Rc and is well made I’d say you got a great knife for the money.

Yea I am more leaning toward the 57hrc than the 61

^ She is a beaut. Congrats and hope to hear more about it after you get it.

Want. Must . . . resist.

Hmm, this one from the same store claims to be D2. Any one know anything about it?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/HAOSHENGYI-High-quality-D2-steel-G10-handle-Outdoor-Folding-Knife-Black-Yellow-0417/1846454_32409362888.html

I actually have this knife and wondered about the D2, but it is a great clone

I have two of the similar Y-Start version. These are marked AUS-8A:

Enlan Bee EL-17HT
same knife … but Enlan markings on blade

• Overall length, mm:208
  • Blade length, mm:89
  • Blade, mm:3.5
  • Blade material:8Cr13MoV
  • Handle:Micarta
  • Lock:Liner-lock
  • Weight: 161g

Ali alternative

images from knife.tom.ru

Dang, I like that one better. Looks like I have to give one as a gift.

That Enlan Bee EL-17HT is 90% lovely but the end of it just does not look quite right. I may still have to buy one though

It was references earlier this year in the forum thread 37766 :exmark:
Someone remarked “that handle design looks like the grips I have on my 1911” :evil:

I usually avoid tanto, but this knife passed my radar :cowboy_hat_face:

must have forgotten all about it, Life has a tendency to get in the way sometimes

Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.
Allen Saunders, Publishers Syndicate, 1957

Life-as-is :wink:

Good knives!

I have a dumb question. What is a “flax” handle made from? I can’t find a lot of info about it. This knife uses it- which I recently got in the mail.

http://www.gearbest.com/fixed-blades-knives/pp_235633.html