ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

Thanks. I had mixed feelings about the general Spyderco design. The hole in the blade along with the shape would make me think of a frog profile. Just thought it looked silly. There are a few models where the curvature has a more gradual slop that looks more conventional, but the versions I wanted are pretty expensive. Anyway, when I saw the Vrango, I started changing my mind. I’m glad I did. The workmanship is terrific. The Tenacious has the blade curvature I really like, but I balked at the 8Cr13MoV steel. Has yours held up well? The Rubicon is a beauty! But yeah, the genuine deal is so expensive. I hear you about the impulsiveness. If you’ve got the spare cash, it’s hard to resist. How many do you have now? My GANZO 707 is never used, more or less a conversation piece. The auto feature of course is a problem for carry outside in public. I think it’s a silly law… because a flipper can whip open pretty much as quickly. In the end, both blades deploy quickly. So…

Nice! Is that largest slot cut all the way through, or just enough for a vial? Did my mod give you the idea? I’d originally posted about my SOG Vulcan w/trits back in March 2019.

Are you looking for a good EDC folder? Do you have a length you don’t want to go over/under? Preference for how it opens and/or locks?

Those slots aren’t cut through but they are deep enough for a vial on each sides. Sorry I missed your post back then, I knew when I ordered my TS16 that I wouldn’t leave those slots empty on the blade. :slight_smile:

Yes the 8Cr13 put me off a bit. Holding up well for the last few weeks. I am not super hard on my pocket knives most of the time. They are really just glorified box and letter openers. When I am doing work or out hunting I always have a fixed blade on me.

I only have about 2 dozen pocket knives and 5 fixed blades. Looking at some Esee fixed blades but they are quite proud of them. If I can keep things under $100 the wife usually won’t question me. If it goes above that I start getting evil stares.

I am lucky, Missouri doesn’t have strict laws on knives or any weapon really. Brass knuckles are a automatic felony if carried concealed or used in a scuffle, can’t even use the self defense claim if it’s with brass knuckles.

Ah ha, just got a notification I got a USPS delivery in my mail box. It should be a Civivi Elementum. I’m going to drive down the road to get it. Pictures may be forthcoming.

Well, there it is. Very nice looking knife for sure. Effortless and smooth flipper action. Good lock up, blade is perfectly centered. Nice and thin, great gentlemens knife but with a pocket clip for normal pants. Other gentlemens knives I owned had horrible super thin clips that didn’t really fit well on a jeans pocket. First impressions are, well, impressive.

<

It’s beautiful!

That is a nice lookin' knife!

The damascus is particularly done well.

It is a cool knife. I liken it to a Drop Gent.

That is exactly what drew me to it. I was just going to get the cheaper G10 version but when I saw that I had to pay the extra few dollars.

Got you. That’s great it’s not a pass-through slot, making vial install very easy. You used crystal clear epoxy instead of NOR61? I really love having those trits on my SOG Vulcan. So easy to see at night across the room.

I’m seriously impressed with the quality of the carbon fiber & Damascus pattern. Civivi has come a long way. Blade HQ has it for $89. Is that about what you paid?

Yes, epoxy was at hand and it worked well.

Good to know. Some people over on CPF said NOR61 or go home. Frowned on everything else. I’m glad to hear of a viable alternative. :+1:

The reason for NOR61 is that it stays clear over time - most other adhesives discolor as they age

Wonder about the length of time these people are talking about. Used Epoxy on my MG Tyrant about 3 years ago and it’s still as clear as the day I put it. Looks to me to be more of a NOR61 marketing strategy more than actual facts.

My experience using epoxy’s has not been the same as yours but if what you are using works :smiley:

I would think that LOCA should stay clear as well…but it’s an expectation from a recommended screen glue rather than experience.

@maba
Hi, can you please post CH 3007 and Harnds Assassin on one photo please? Thank you!

[quote=xevious]

$84.99, so not real far off. Had a heck of a time finding one that didn’t have a inflated price. Though I admit to not knowing all the good places to get good knife deals. I wasn’t even going to get that one. I was just going to get a regular not so fancy one. They were all sold out where I was looking.

I had a QSP Penguin in my cart for about a week. Never had a QSP, thought I would try it out. Less than $30 I think. They sold out, now I can’t find one of those anywhere either. Woe is me I tell ya. :slight_smile:

Anyone else have the Eafengrow EF108 fixed blade? I bought one on a whim for a potential EDC fixed blade, and it seems like a solid little knife. The factory sheath rides a little high for my liking, but other than that, it seems like a nice carry option. I’m going to look into having a custom kydex sheath made for it that will allow it to sit lower inside the waistband, but for the price of the knife, it will still be a bargain.