ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

A real tenacious. If ganzo g729 is not a fake (but design copied) we must compare with a knife that is not a fake too. One cheap spyderco with chinese steel like 8cr13mov i think is a good option for comparing with ganzo g729.

Smokey Mountain Knife works sent me their Xmas catalog, printed on paper. I see that traditional knives haven’t disappeared. They even have new strait edge razors. I didn’t see razor straps. They have a wide range of prices. They don’t usually say much about the steel.

Anyone know a big full tang chopper that I could get from china? I’m looking a budget option for the izula 7 sized blade. I live in Finland so can’t order from US of A. Too much shipping/tax etc.

EDIT: decent steel required (8cr13mov or better)

I grabbed this Busse Steel Heart wannabe on Ali last year which turned out to be a good chopper:

Thx Isti. Whats the size of the blade and do you remeber the price? Edge retention/steel?

The blade length is 140 mm, the edge retention is good what you would expect from AUS8.
It cost me ~$40 shipped.

Ok, will have a look if I find it. Seems like a good chopper. Aus 8 has a nice edge retention but had to ask if it actually is aus 8 and not just a claim. As always Isti, you have been a great help :slight_smile:

Can’t find it on Ali :-/

You are a dreadful tease. I have been all over Aliexpress and am halfway through your blog and I have still yet to find this knife. Could we please have a link?

Stop reading Isti’s blog!! It’s the main reason why I’m flooded with knives!! It’s an addicting blog and will only cost you money! Believe me, I know!

Seriously, It’s a great blog.

The store where I bought mine doesn’t sell this knife anymore.
At the moment I can’t find any other store on Ali who sells it.

I’m only leading the already lost souls to the right direction. :wink:

Product Listing Policy by Alibaba.com (Updated September 2014)

“10.5 Knives and other cutting instruments will in most cases be permitted to be listed. However, switchblade knives, gravity knives, bladed handheld devices, lock blade knives, knives with blades over 10cm in length, knives with fullers (blood grooves) and disguised knives are not permitted to be listed.”

Ali had a lot of more “interesting” knives up till September 2014

Some sellers may still have the knives but are not able to use Aliexpress to list them
Others circumvent by using photo edited rulers
Example where true blade is 22.5cm

New arrival: Sanrenmu PRB610
Despite of the small size it’s a surprisingly useable gentleman style folder.
From left to right: SRM 710, 738, 610 and 681:

Here are the pics. The flash gives it a yellow look to the blade.

Really nice.

Someone tried Enlan with Damascus blade? Is this real damas? For the price its a steal if its genuine.

Its weird that they have the same markings as the normal steel ones on the blade…

sorry not a real demascus blade

Definitely not real Damascus, but still a good knife at a great price.

My favorite budget knives are kershaw. I love the fillet knife that I have. I use it all the time in the kitchen, it’s sharp enough to shave with and its easy to get a decent edge with one of those cheap ceramic knife sharpeners. I also have a couple of elk ridge knives that I decided to keep. The little folder I have is razor sharp and I sell knives to retailers so I get to keep one here and there. I’m also a fan of cold steel if I can get them on sale.

this is the topic to ask this:
where do i find a good, low cost budget full-tang, solid survival style knife, with a blade length between 5 to 6 inches.
any recommendations & links?