ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

Thanks guys.

Spyderco is my favorite brand, and I’ve never considered a clone before. This one though, the real deal is way out of my price range. You guys have me seriously, very seriously, tempted.

Here are an interesting comparison on the clone and the Spyderco Rubicon C187

Damn! Almost bit on that one. BLF is so addictive. Especially tempted by the fast shipping experience.

Not at all. I find disc thumb-studs to be more secure. Only thing I dislike is the pocket clip, feel uncomfortable when you hold the knife and too long. But easily removable.

Took a chance on one of these Y-Starts. $14.58. Specs vary from vendor to vendor, but it appears to be the same knife as the Gonzo mentioned a couple pages ago. Picture below is from Google images of a different add. Seems Ali has images protected from linking.

Do those have the compression lock?

And Spyderco branded? Just wondering.

One of the pictures on the product page (link in above picture) indicates liner lock.

EDIT: $13.88 here.

Please let us know what you think when you get it.

hey guys this would have to be one of my favorite knives and probably the most used and its so cheap like 10 USD i paid for it i think this is a true budget knife!

There’s something I don’t understand…

Hi all.,

I got this knife yesterday

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-newest-XINZUO-Anton-Malyshev-Gnome-pocket-FOLDING-knife-D2-stainless-steel-blade-TC4-Titanium-alloy/32291725270.html

Cost me about £29. At the minute it’s £39.50 but will drop to £28 on 11/11.

I’ve started a dispute because mine has three unsightly marks near the clip which look to be manufacturing marks. It’s certainly not pristine. I had to open a dispute because there was no way to contact the vendor (the other contact options just wouldn’t work either with Edge, IE10 or Chrome) so I hope he knocks a few quid off.

In terms of the knife itself, rock solid lock (45% or so), very nice feel, choil is massive and makes the knife seem really secure. Blade is supposedly D2, who knows but it’s really sharp. Flipping is super super smooth. Knife has 2.25” cutting edge, is exactly 6” overall, weighs 107g.

I’m very pleased with it - shame that the QC seems to have been a bit off to let it slip through with defects. Hopefully the vendor will reimburse me a little.

What do you think about the traction of the handle?
I didn’t want to risk that’s why I chose the G10 version:

Hi Isti, it is a strong knife but I’d consider it too small for really hard use. However, the titanium scales are lightly bead blasted (I think) on the darker sections. This gives a fine almost sandpaper feel which helps with traction. As does the position of the clip. The jimping is very pronounced and functional. The massive double choil is the biggest aid though, once your fingers are locked in they’re unlikely to go anywhere. It would benefit from a lanyard (I like lanyards on all of my smaller knives if I’m able) which would help to make it feel like a longer knife. I’ll have to figure out an aesthetically pleasing way to attach a lanyard to the rear standoff, maybe by a double hook of strong wire or maybe using some Nano cord. There is only about 3mm clearance before it would get hit by the blade though.

…another fan of the budget friendly Enlan M025

…time to consider it

$7.28 at GearBest

looking at the Wild Boar F3 flipper clone
Wild Boar F3 Flipper

Type: Folding knife
Overall Length: 195 mm
Blade length: 85 mm
Closed length: 110 mm
Blade thickness: 3 mm
Blade width: 25 mm
Blade finish: Sanding
Open: Flipper
System: ball bearing system
Hardness: 59-60HRC
Net weight: 130 g
Blade material: D2
Handle Material: G10 + steel

I have the same version. It’s an excellent flipper like its big brother.

awsome, if I like this one, I will buy the bigger one, thanks isti

Purchased a pair of These. for Xmas gifts.