ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

I’m new to this form, so maybe things will slow down for me soon (I hope).
I’ve ordered 5 in the past week. :frowning:

Lol!

Don’t worry, you’ll stop as soon as your money is gone! :bigsmile:

Or the wife finds out.

A Spyderclone Stretch in brown G10 and “Super Blue” steel…… Yeah right. £17.

can we get a link for the stretch?

Does it come with a smaller spyder hole than usual?

12mm hole, dunno what the real one has. Can’t give a link as store is shut? However, search for Super Blue Knife on AE and there were a few different sellers as low as £12. It’s a nice little knife, very solid. Nice colour too.

AliExpress search (seems like Ali is sensitive on how to search for this one)

“Super Blue” but marked ZDP-189… lol at least they are both laminate steels. :bigsmile:

You get the marking … not the steel 0:) .

Oh I know that, I was just commenting that the seller at least had some similarity between what they have it listed as, and what it is pictured as…. but no where near what you’ll actually get, lol

Ahhh … indeed :cowboy_hat_face: .

I just traded a super blue Stretch to my sister for a HAP40 Endura.

So I “had to” buy a black one :wink:
The bright colored one’s looks great too … I hope the images tell the truth about the given quality

Knife Depot’s A Guide to the Types of Knife Locking Systems
[/quote]

I know it’s a pretty old post but Nugget, did the knife you received the same as pictured?
The reason I’m asking is because I contacted the seller a few days ago to ask a question and he came back saying that the one pictured has been discontinued :(.
He sent me a picture of the new one that he wanted to ship but as far as I can tell, it looks the same as all others on Ali (plain G10 scale).
He told me that his are better quality, etc, etc, hence the premium price.
TBH, I wanted this one mostly for the look. Since he didn’t have it anymore (yet it’s still in his ad) then I went for a cheaper one.
Too bad because I really wanted this one. :frowning:

I bought mine at AliExpress store Outdoor sports tool shop and it still looks available to me
I sent a message to the seller asking if the knife i bought is still available
No issue whith this knife, and it is on par with my original C81

Yeah, that’s the store that I contacted and replied that the model with the textured black handle is no longer available.

Here’s his message:

KAKA HE
2016-01-26 17:19

OK
Black blade with black handle
Now only the purchase is made, and the model with the texture of the handle has been discontinued

OK, someone that is more experienced with AE needs to give me some advice.
So yesterday night I placed an order for a Spydy Domino clone
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/C172-ball-bearing-Flipper-folding-440C-blade-carbon-fiber-Titanium-handle-camping-hunting-Tactical-outdoors-survival/32523899403.html
Seller has been opened 1 year and almost 400 feedback

This morning when I woke up I get the following message from the seller:
_
Hello,friend
I,m dicoria Ben,1 more shop of me be baned by aliexpress(shirogorov knives shop),but we still Adhere to serve you。
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Dicoria-Large-Sebenza-21-Style-Titanium-Handle-D2-steel-blade-Folding-Pocket-Knife-camping-Tactical/1331093_32563011541.html
_
I also got a message saying that the item has shipped

When I click on the store now, it has no more products available so it looks like it has been banned or something.
The timing is suspicious
10pm I pay for the knife
1am I get the message above
2am I get a message that the knife has been shipped

Should I trust that the seller shipped the knife?
What do you think I should do?

For now i would just wait and check in a couple of days whether the tracking number shows up in the system. It can take up to a week until it does though, keep that in mind. If the number doesn’t show just open a dispute, your payment is safe.
I hope you get the knife, it’s awesome!

Last knife I bought from AE the store effectively shut down as no products were shown or available. Two weeks later, knife arrived, very nice (Spydie Stretch clone). Don’t worry, AE has great purchase protection. Oh, tracking didn’t show for ten whole days……

Don’t worry.

I second that