ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

Yes, the lk5008 looks very good. But a little thin that liner lock, i would prefer thicker liner lock like the enlan el01 (blade thickness liner thickness ratio) or directly a framelock.
But the design is nice. Beautiful.

Yesterdays 21 Eurones arrivel from hk-knives ebay shop.
Just another example of the Y-Start “Shirogorov Style” budget knive series with decent quality.

!!
!!
!!
!!
!!

Blade length: 8,5 cm / 3,35 in. <—-> Handle size: 11,00 cm / 4,33 in. <—-> Overall length: 19,5 cm / 7,68 in. <—-> Blade thickness: 4,0 mm / 0.16 in. <—-> Blade width: 2,5 cm / 1 in. <—-> Handle material: blue G10 + steel <—-> Blade Material: Cronidur 30 EVO/58-62HRC ( :question: ) <—-> System: Dual roller bearing system with Liner Lock <—-> Opening: Flip <—-> Weight : 128 g / 4,5 oz.

First impressions:
The knive came very sharp out of its simple paper box. It has a nice comfortable hand grip without any kind of sharpen edges.
The blade is perfectly centered and hasn’t any play at all. The Dual (roller) bearing opening system is really doing a fantastic job.
Just a soft forefinger slide on the Flip or even with a tiny little bit of pressure and - zig-click - the blade is locked up.
Although, at least in consideration on the price of this knive, there are some reasonable doubts that the blade material is really a 100 % the advertised Cronidur 30 EVO steel, it seems that to be a great deal.

Great looking knife!

The steel is likely a 440 or 8Cr13MoV but what the heck, those get sharp too!

MACS0647: As I see both of us went for the blue-black JIN01! :slight_smile:

A better group shot with Enlan EL01, Y-start LK5008 and JIN01:

Nice both y-start. I love flippers and they are very difficult to find in brands like ganzo or enlan (with big knives i say). I like that lk5008.
I see y-start has copied an ugly thing from enlan, the custom screw.

You can buy a Ganzo G801 at DAI’s shop, I just received one
DAI still have an AE store, but stopped selling Ganzo knives there

Fortunately you don’t need any special tool for that fancy pivot screw, a plain screwdriver will do.

the Y-Start “Shirogorov Style” budget knive series with decent quality.
Awesome looking knife, guess that is next on my list.

I also received a few weeks ago the Shiro F3 clone and the small F3 as above but in plain black.
Amazing knives for 20 bucks each.
Surprisingly, I enjoy more the small one which is not a clone since Shiro doesn’t make it in that size.
I think it is better suited for EDC due to its more reasonable size. The F3 clone is just huge LOL!
Both have excellent fit and finish and flip really well. The only small con is both have a bit of a hot spot on the liner when disengaging the knife.

Here’s a group shot next to my EL01 for size comparison.

Yes, it can be. But i’m not sure that with a plain screwdriver will not make some damage to the screw, the line of the screw isn’t go across the whole screw. It’s better than enla’s screws but a torx screw or similar would be better.
Anyway i like a lot that knife.

The “Browning” fixed full tang just arrived.
The wood has a different grain (logical it’s wood not plastic) and other then that is looks and feels the same.
Happy!

how is the quality?

I love it.
Very sturdy, very nice feel.
When I really using it I remove the wood from the handle so not to damage it and it still handles good, no sharp edges.
stays sharp for a long time, did not need to sharpen the first one.
The second I had at hand yesterday and I needed to do something with concrete, some loose chips and poking in a hole to see the depth and how loose the material was, I know, not for an knife, but in a very uncomfortable position far away from tools with just the knife ohanging by the belt.
After wiping it off, no marks, stll sharp.
So yeah I am very happe with them, sice they combine good looks, solid build and practicality.
Also, they feel and weigh the same, sheaths are the same. Only the grain off the woonedn handles is different, color is the same.
So consistent as well.

I’m liking the new Ganzos available at Gearbest, especially the G743 (it would have made a nice auto!)
The G7391 and G741 with carbon fiber scales are also very tempting….

They also got the Brother 1601 which seems to be a copy of the Spyderco Manix XL.
Does Anyone have experience with Brother knives? Are they any good?

Some knives i received recently:

Unbranded damascus knife
ZT knockoff
Twosun TC4
Ganzo G722
CRKT M21 04G

:smiley:

What are your impressions about the Twosun?
It looks like a good base for modding (blade regrind).

Amazing knife! The best flipper in my collection by a mile! Stupidly sharp, beautifully made, there is nothing i don’t love about it!

i can back up what lobster, TwoSuns makes some really quality knives

It’s just a shame that they are increasingly difficult to find!

you are correct in that one. I wish i would have bought them all, definitely worth the money.